Director, Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), Global Value and Access - ONCOLOGY
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionDirector, Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), Global Value and Access, ONCOLOGYThis is a Foster City, CA based position
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation, and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Value and Access Oncology HEOR (Breast/Bladder/Gyn), the Director role will:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Lead the development and implementation of global HEOR strategies and programs to support the launch of a Gilead Oncology product in Breast indications
- Provide HEOR expertise and leadership to inform, support and strengthen commercialization activities along with clinical development, marketing and market access
- Partner closely with cross-functional business partners to develop and support product value proposition to optimize access, reimbursement and uptake throughout the lifecycle of Gilead products
- Identify global HEOR evidence requirements and gaps; design, conduct and deliver studies, models and tools to support value demonstration and product differentiation for assigned indication(s)
- Collaborate closely with Market Access Strategy leads to co-develop and implement the Global Value and Access strategy for assigned indication(s) - both in the Global organization and with key markets
- Provide HEOR input into clinical development programs
- Partner with HEOR COE to support development of PRO strategies
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry regulatory issues and research relationships with HEOR KOLs
- Disseminate HEOR data and study results
We're seeking an analytical independent contributor with:
- At least 10 years' experience with an Advanced degree; within in the pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care, including direct experience in HEOR
- Advanced degree related to medical, health economics, health outcomes research, or epidemiology (MS, MBA, MPH, MD/DO, PhD, PharmD) is required.
- Understanding of HEOR assessments and technical expertise in design and execution of HEOR studies and economic models
- Experience in developing global value dossiers
- Understanding of Global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision making with a focus on the US, Europe, Canada
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with evidence of working collaboratively with other functional areas and country representatives
- Experience in oncology and/or US managed care is a plus
The salary range for this position is: $214,795.00 - $277,970.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.