Sr. Research Associate II - Biorepository - Protein Therapeutics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences Protein Therapeutics department is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate II in biorepository sample management. The candidate will work in a highly interactive, and fast-paced environment. In this position, the candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of sample management in the biologics research logistics/biorepository team. The candidate will support aliquoting, storage, receiving, and distribution of proteins, bio-conjugates, and DNA samples, ensuring that the logistical services to Gilead Sciences internal and external customers are provided in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible of database entry and maintaining database record of all transactions. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of research samples to requesters
- Aliquot and register biomolecules (protein and DNA) in database
- Prepare normalized aliquots and/or assay ready plates
- Fulfill and track biomolecule related requests
- Facilitate protein and DNA sample QC workflow in collaboration with Protein therapeutics teams
- Prepare shipping documents for domestic and international shipment
- Generate and deliver Certificates of Analysis (CofA) to internal and external customers
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel to build new protocols and optimize existing protocols for sample management
- Participate in group meetings and present work and data
- B.S. in Biology or Chemistry with a minimum of 4+ years of direct experience with sample management.
- M.S. in Biology or Chemistry with a minimum of 2+ years of direct experience with sample management.
- Attention to detail; strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Prior experience with sample tracking and management software (e.g., Titian Mosaic, Freezerworks, FreezerPro) and electronic LIMS systems (e.g., Genedata Biologics, Benchling) in a biotech/ industry environment is required
- Extensive hands-on experience in sample aliquoting and normalization using automated systems (e.g., Hamilton, Biomek, Bravo) and sterile laboratory techniques
Nice to have skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Scientific knowledge in molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- Experience in molecular cloning techniques (such as plasmid prep and DNA sequencing analysis) is a strong plus
- Experience in protein analytical techniques (e.g., CE-SDS, analytical SEC, Endosafe, LC-MS)
- Experience in cell bank management is highly valued
The salary range for this position is: $112,030.00 - $144,980.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.