We are looking to hire a Senior Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Several programs we have worked on have achieved Development Candidates, including progression to clinical development and FDA approval. You can view our entire pipeline of wholly-owned programs and collaborations here.
- Contribute and lead drug discovery programs in effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Execute medicinal chemistry strategies to deliver high quality clinical candidates
- Effectively work in close collaboration with computational chemists and modelers on application of the Schrödinger’s computational drug discovery platform to rapid advancement of drug discovery programs
- Contribute to evaluation of new target opportunities for shaping of Schrödinger’s drug discovery portfolio
- Provide technical expertise to the Chemistry team and the Drug Discovery Group
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 7-12 years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Contemporary knowledge of the key Medicinal Chemistry concepts and excellent understanding of biology, pharmacology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Experienced in establishing and execution of medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery to achieve program goals
- Extensive experience in working with external chemistry teams at CRO’s
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of progressing compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $170,000 - $215,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.