We are looking to hire a Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Several programs we have worked on have achieved Development Candidates, including progression to clinical development and FDA approval. You can view our entire pipeline of wholly-owned programs and collaborations here.
- Key Medicinal Chemistry contributor to Schrödinger’s drug discovery programs
- Responsible for support and execution of medicinal chemistry strategy to ensure the delivery of high quality clinical candidates
- Responsible for management of chemistry CRO’s to meet project goals
- Work in close collaboration with computational chemists and modelers on new idea generation and evaluation using Schrödinger’s computational drug discovery platform
- Contribute to evaluation of new target opportunities for shaping of Schrödinger’s drug discovery portfolio
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 3-7 years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Extensive experience in working with external chemistry teams at CRO’s
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Contemporary knowledge of the key Medicinal Chemistry concepts and good understanding of biology, pharmacology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in leading drug discovery projects
- Experience in progressing compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $135,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.