The Associate Director of HCP reports to the ABBV-951 Marketing Director. The AD will be primarily responsible for the HCP Strategy for both short and long-term success of the Brand. The role is critical for messaging and creative strategy for personal promotion, as well as non-personal promotional efforts to complement the in-field teams. The AD will also ensure cross-functional alignment and integration of the strategy, particularly with consumer marketing, managed care, medical affairs, patient support, and reg/promo. In addition, the AD will work to ensure there is strong alignment and support on a 1PD franchise, along with DUOPA.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Chiefly responsible for the Brand HCP personal and non-personal promotion strategy including strategic direction, creative, messaging, and resourcing support
· Drive and participate in business and marketing plans process, such as Launch Readiness Reviews and SP2.
· Champions the Brand strategy and ensures strong cross-functional alignment and pull-through of the strategy
· Measures and evolves executional strategy based on MABI insights derived from ATUs and message tests
· Adds insight to financial planning for the Brand, aligned with annual planning goals
· Partners closely with patient services to ensure that HCP and patient messaging is consistent and strategically sound
· Represents the interests and priorities of the Brand in reg/promo and legal interactions to maintain compliance and competitiveness
· Responsible for budget management across channels for HCP promotion and partners with finance to ensure quarterly and annual plan is achieved
· Operates in compliance with all AbbVie internal policies (ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies) and applicable external regulatory requirements
· BA/BS required; MBA preferred
· Minimum 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience required, at least 2 years of experience with field sales preferred
· At least 3–4 years product management experience, with significant portion in HCP marketing preferred
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to make effective presentations to internal and external customers, sales teams, and senior management
· Sound financial acumen (forecasting and budget management) to ensure strategic plan drives toward annual and long-range finance plan
· Ability to work across multiple stakeholders
· Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
Up to 20% of the time based on key brand initiatives
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.