HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Specialist Production Planner- Raw Materials Planning
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! As Specialist Production Planner for the Raw Material Planning Organization, you will be developing feasible plans to ensure raw materials supply for 24/7 manufacturing operations. Main responsibilities include to analyze materials requirements meanwhile manage supply availability constraints. This role will collaborate cross functionally as a key partner working with our Global Raw Material Planners, the manufacturing plants, as well with the External Supply Chain and Category SRE (Supplier relationship) leads.
We are looking for a strategic person who can develop and implement the capabilities needed to support the growing product portfolio and plays a key role in connecting the key stakeholders in the site operations and the supply chain (SC) network. This role is essential for Amgens success, and it will be a key contributor in the SC organization.Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, consolidate, and report demand to management, co-workers, and customers.
- Develop multiple scenarios to assist in driving long range plans and capacity analysis.
- Maintain excellent communication lines with all sources of demand.
- Use credibility, planning knowledge, and expertise to influence demand process as appropriate.
- Track and analyze monthly performance metrics and reports to assist our sources with improving the quality of their outputs.
- Develop & provide monthly planning models for all products or materials by implementing extensive inventory control and process development techniques to minimize variability impact and maximize production utilization.
- Manage the expedition of product or materials releases to alleviate inventory shortages via business management using intra and inter departmental correspondences.
- Represent Production Planning and Inventory Control organization (PPIC) on current and new Product/Operations Development Teams to insure product manufacturability, efficient production methods, and plant efficacy.
- Provide training for intra and inter departmental staff on Planning processes, functions, and procedures.
- Provide education and information on planning and product decision-making processes in order to improve the overall communication pathways of PPIC with other related departments.
- Understand how PPIC fits in Amgen/Logistics business process to provide development opportunities and continuous process improvement.
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentorship, and training to other Planners as to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Represent PPIC in cross-functional teams and projects at the direction of PPIC management.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Specialist Production Planner we seek is an individual contributor leader with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Project Management experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Supply Chain, Planning Manufacturing, and/or Project Management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Project Management experience
High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Project Management experienceBeyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Supply Chain areas experience and/or knowledge
- Experience with advance spreadsheets, production schedules & capacity planning
- Computer modeling savvy
- ERP-SAP/ Kinaxis - Rapid Response planning system knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing process/operations
- Good leadership and project management skills
- Operational excellence mentality
- Effective written and verbal communications skills in English & Spanish
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and increase your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.