What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life through intracellular therapeutics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)TM platform, we are advancing a robust development portfolio of RNA-, antibody- and enzyme-based programs for the potential treatment of neuromuscular, immunological, ocular and metabolic diseases, among others.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare diseases and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You are a highly motivated and independent scientist with strong synthesis skills that can thrive in a production workflow as well as drive research projects to investigate improvements to these processes. You excel in synthesizing oligonucleotides or peptides via solid-phase synthesis, reaction optimization, scaling synthesis protocols, troubleshooting reactions, purification of materials using HPLC and IEX, and characterizing oligonucleotides/peptides using LCMS. If you can perform these activities with minimal supervision, yet flourish in a collaborative setting, this role is for you. At Entrada, you will not be siloed, but rather expected to interact across different functional groups, such as Discovery, Process Development, Pharmacology, Product Development, and CMCs. Your ability and desire to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced results-driven environment will set you up for success.
In this position you will be responsible for the production of oligonucleotides within our Process Chemistry group. The materials you produce will support projects in early discovery and preclinical development. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our process development efforts through projects designed to identify breakdowns and improvements in the production workflow. Ideally, you will be able to perform synthesis projects under minimal supervision while leaning on internal and external experts when needed. As part of your responsibilities, you will support general lab functions and perform regular maintenance of equipment within our group. Finally, we hope you enjoy communicating your processes and findings across different formats including authoring and reviewing technical reports, protocol writing, and present in internal and external meetings.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- A Ph.D in Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 0-4+ years of relevant post-graduate process chemistry experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industries (post-graduate academic experience will be considered); or MS in Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 5-7+ years in process chemistry experience
- A strong background organic chemistry, with emphasis on solid-phase oligonucleotide or peptide synthesis experience is essential
- Experience with process development is highly desirable
- Technical experience in the following areas is preferred: Solid-phase chemistry (peptides oligonucleotides, etc.), scalable batch reactor operations, and experimental design.
- Experience purifying oligonucleotides and/or peptides with reverse-phase and ion-exchange purification techniques is valuable
- Experience with analytical techniques (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP-HPLC, and LC-MS) for oligonucleotides and/or peptides will be plus.
- Experience independently troubleshooting synthetic reactions and solving synthesis issues is highly desirable
- Experience preparing standard protocols
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to communicate progress and results
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- An understanding of project timelines and coordinating experiments to meet team objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to support colleagues across the organization and a demonstrated aptitude for team and employee development
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.