We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
MANAGER, MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manager, Medical Communications. The select candidate will have an advanced scientific degree in a relevant discipline and at least 2 years of experience working within the pharma/biotech and/or Med Coms agency with a focus on publication management and development. Must have proven ability to develop and grow productive relationship with internal and external stakeholder, have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to complete writing and document management assignments. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Manager/Sr. Manager, Medical Communications, will contribute to and support the development and execution of the Medical Communications strategy and tactical plan, and manage and contribute to assigned aspects of the tactical output of the plan, including peer reviewed publications, congress abstracts, posters and oral presentations, additional congress activities, MSL materials, and internal education tools for the product portfolio at Emergent. This role will also support the development and updating of foundational medical communications materials, including scientific platforms, lexica, etc. This individual will report directly to the Sr. Director, Global Medical Communications.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage development of assigned tactics in support of the Medical Communications plan; support program partner in developing additional tactics
- Work with authors, internal and partner stakeholders, and medical communications agencies to facilitate development of high quality, medically compelling abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts to fulfil Medical Communications objectives
- Manage and support development of educational materials for use by internal, external, and field medical affairs personnel, including MSL tools, internal training materials, and congress booth materials; staff congress booths as required
- Develop and maintain expertise in disease and product relevant literature; support strategic and tactical priorities of joint medical team
- Support development and implementation of internal SOPs and work practices required for compliant publications and medical communications material development
- Assist in reviewing internal materials for medical and scientific accuracy
- Collaborate with Med Affairs Operations team on the development of an updated Medical Information process. Lead and manage Medical Information process for respective therapeutic area.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- An advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, PhD or equivalent) in a relevant discipline is required
- At least 2 years’ experience working within the Pharma/biotech and/or Med Coms agency industry with a focus on publication management and development
- Proven ability to develop and grow productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications (oral and written) skills together with constant attention to detail
- Ability to complete writing and document management assignments to timelines with minimal oversight
- Proficiency with the Veeva and Right Find platforms is desirable
- Ability to engage in positive dialogues, influence outcomes and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in Project Management and PM tools is desirable (Smartsheets, Projects)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is desirable
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com to apply today!
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.