The Infectious Diseases group at Moderna is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Sr. Scientist in Immunology/Antibody Sciences to help build the antibody discovery and engineering platforms supporting development of antibody-based therapeutics to treat infectious diseases. The candidate must have experience working in antibody discovery from mammalian immune repertoires, antibody characterization and engineering. The candidate will design and implement immunization strategies to enable discovery of antibodies with desired therapeutic profile across multiple viral diseases. Demonstrated track record of high-impact work with antibodies against viral targets is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate across internal multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners is required. Applicants should be outstanding scientists, collaborative team members, excellent communicators, and should be excited to work with cutting edge mRNA technology, in the advancement of therapeutics against unmet infectious and non-infectious disease threats.
Here's What Youll Do:
- Develop new methods for discovery of antibodies from immune repertoires (e.g. human, mouse, llama)
- Lead antibody characterization and down-selection campaigns to identify lead therapeutics molecules
- Develop and perform methods for optimization of antibody properties (affinity, specificity, developability, etc)
- Collaborate with the structural biology and computational teams to elucidate antibody activity and mode of action
- Explore alternative antibody formats to enhance antibody function and potency
- Build a toolbox of existing and novel multispecific formats
- Review literature for novel antibody discovery and engineering methods and technologies
- Implement new technologies and workflows
- Manage multiple experiments, projects, and interactions with supporting functions simultaneously.
Heres What Youll Bring to the Table:
- PhD with expertise in antibody discovery and engineering.
- At least 3 years of independent post-graduate research experience in biotech or academia is required.
- Strong understanding of antibody biology, structure and function are required
- Strong level of understanding of antibody discovery and engineering platforms and technologies are required.
- Expertise in antibody functional assays (ELISA, Octet, neutralization), biophysical characterization and molecular biology are required.
- Experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry, single cell sorting and flow-based assays is preferred
- Contributions to high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or antibody therapeutics.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional work environment is critical; strong leadership skills and independence skills are expected.
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
Vacation, sick time and holidays
Volunteer time to participate within your community
Discretionary year-end shutdown
Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. Were focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)