Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Senior Program Manager role is an integral part of our growing program management office (PMO) and will report into the senior director of program management. This role will be focused on supporting engineering programs but will participate in the development of program management processes and tools for the Research and Engineering organizations.
Who You Are
You thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment and have a natural desire to take on new challenges and responsibilities. You are result-oriented, with strong attention to detail and are always motivated to deliver excellence in your work. You love delivering important programs and are adept at finding creative solutions to complex issues. You tailor your extensive knowledge of program management processes and techniques to meet the specific needs of programs in this very cross functional environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of ground-breaking microscopy instrumentation.
- Apply program management knowledge and experience to complex programs involving development of hardware, software, and automation.
- Create program plans with well-defined goals, scope, requirements, timelines and deliverables for projects across various departments.
- Develop and execute communication plans including well-defined lines of communication, meeting agenda and minutes, dashboards, and project documentation.
- Control programs so key deadlines are met, decisions are made promptly, and risks and issues are managed.
- Work with Agile teams to plan and execute program increments.
- Communicate and present program plans, status, risks and issues through the PMO and to executive leadership.
- Partner with other program managers to develop and implement process improvements.
- Ensure development of high functioning teams, including training and mentoring team members where appropriate.
- PMP Certification highly desired.
- 8+ years of project management experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities concurrently and quickly adjust to changing circumstances.
- Experience with Atlassian products and MS Project highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree required, life sciences or engineering highly desired.
- Experience working with Agile teams at scale highly desired.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work and ensure optimal team performance.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $161,000 to $185,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.