This Director Corporate Compliance role is a strategic and dynamic role serving as a Compliance Navigator/Advisor to various areas of the business, with a particular focus on supporting Regeneron’s Global and US Oncology team. You will conduct day-to-day risk assessment and advise business partners to help support the vision for Compliance and mitigate risk at Regeneron, by embedding ethical and risk-informed decision-making into the organization. This role is expected to be the key liaison and primary point of contact for Compliance-related topics to assigned areas of the business, including headquarters and field-based Commercial and Medical teams. Our north star is to inspire proactive collaboration throughout Regeneron, enable business ownership of risk, and prioritize for impact.
Core expectations for this role include:
- Agility: prioritizing risk and shifting between changing business areas, initiatives, and objectives;
- Influencing and advocacy: leveraging substance and relationship-building to effectively navigate an organization and advance Compliance objectives; and
- Driving solutions that are fit for purpose: developing practical Compliance initiatives by blending knowledge of Compliance standards, practical experience, and knowledge of potential perception/execution risk.
A typical day might include the following:
- Integrate into business functions to gain an in-depth understanding of current state processes and provide proactive Compliance guidance on the development and execution of proposed strategic and tactical initiatives;
- Develop, enhance, and implement Compliance policies and procedures that are fit for Regeneron and reflective of applicable laws, regulations, government guidance, industry codes, and Regeneron policies;
- Strategize business process improvements and change management implementation to support business and Compliance leadership in achieving operational gains;
- Develop and implement strategic and practical risk assessment processes and management interventions that are aligned with prioritized risk areas particular to business operations and relevant monitoring activities;
- Identify emerging Compliance key risk indicators to inform Compliance monitoring teams and analytics with practical insights from business activities;
- Strategize innovative ways to transform internal education initiatives, through acting as a business partner between Regeneron Compliance training leads and business functions, to bridge current knowledge gaps with targeted training content;
- Inform business leadership of Compliance knowledge gaps and larger organizational trends in a timely manner, while encouraging the open and proactive flow of information between colleagues and lines of business; and
- Act as primary point of contact for business functions to provide regular advice and support to ensure appropriate Compliance controls are incorporated in decision-making processes and business projects.
This role may be for you if you:
- Have the capabilities and ambition to embrace and model the “Regeneron Way” by:
- Taking on big ideas through entrepreneurial spirt, drive, ownership, and perseverance;
- Making it happen through flexibility, process & planning, and Compliance;
- Being great together through teamwork & collaboration, being extraordinary, learning, communication, and care; and
- Doing what’s right through respect, inclusion, patient focus, safety & quality, and integrity & trust.
- Have prior project management experience;
- Demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging and complex issues;
- Have the ability to effectively deliver sound and clear Compliance advice in a business setting;
- Have demonstrated knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry practices, including the US Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, the Food Drug & Cosmetic Act, the Sunshine Act, the PhRMA Code (and other applicable industry codes), HIPAA, GDPR, etc.;
- Demonstrate confidence in developing practical Compliance solutions across business processes by blending knowledge of Compliance standards, practical experience, and knowledge of potential perception/execution risk;
- Foster a strong internal Compliance, ethics, and speak-up culture by creating an environment in which employees see the Compliance function as a strategic partner and enabler;
- Are able to build consensus and respectfully drive decision-making regardless of issue popularity;
- Have willingness and desire to be a strategic leader that can drive meaningful impact aligned with Compliance organization and enterprise priorities without being dictated by a precise scope of a role;
- Have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with demonstrated ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems;
- Have the ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through demonstrating and modeling judgement, integrity, and authenticity;
- Have strong leadership and flexible interpersonal skills to navigate various team working models, to influence without authority, to build partnerships and work collaboratively with diverse teams to meet shared objectives;
- Have the ability to independently prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects, strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and analyze complex information and data;
- Have excellent written and verbal senior executive-level communication skills.
To be considered for this role you must possess a Bachelor’s degree, have 5+ years of diversified biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience, including significant experience with Global and US Healthcare Law Compliance, whether in a Compliance, Legal, Regulatory or other relevant functional role; and be able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging Compliance/Legal issues and ability to effectively deliver sound and clear Compliance/Legal advice in a business setting.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$172,500.00 - $287,500.00