Research Scientist, Formulation Process Development
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionResearch Scientist, Formulation Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Biologics Drug Product Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific expertise in formulation and drug product process development as well as clinical and commercial drug product operations related to recombinant proteins.
Reporting to a Senior Director, Biologics Drug Product Development, you will have the opportunity to work in teams for the early and late stage development of our protein molecules.Specific Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Develop phase appropriate formulation and drug product processes for monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein, and novel platform programs
- Lead the design and execution of development studies that employ a variety of analytical techniques, including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, spectroscopy, and visible/subvisible particulates to evaluate formulations and primary drug container closure systems, as well as in-use subcutaneous and intravenous (IV) delivery systems and conditions.
- Develop, characterize, and troubleshoot drug product manufacturing unit operations, such as bulk storage freezing / thawing, compounding / mixing, sterile filtration, vial and syringe filling, lyophilization, as well as manual and automated visual inspection
- May represent biologics drug product function in cross-functional CMC teams
- Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership in the laboratory, oversee and delegate experimental/project responsibilities as needed and write/review development summary reports and author sections of regulatory submissions.
- 0+ years experience and a PhD in scientific or engineering discipline with. OR BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across functional roles/departments. Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
The salary range for this position is: $136,000.00 - $176,000.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.