Just – Evotec Biologics is looking for a Sr./Principal Scientist of Bioreactor Process Design. In this role, you will be instrumental in further developing and refining Just’s next-generation continuous bioprocessing platform, which we are currently running in our Seattle and Redmond manufacturing facilities at up to the 1000 L scale. Just – Evotec employees are driven by our mission: to expand access to therapeutics by substantially driving down cost of goods through process technology development. This role is well-positioned to have a substantial impact on patients and the biotechnology industry!
Our process development team is seeking candidates with experience in perfusion bioreactor technology development and process transfer experience, as well as scientific team and project management skills.
- Drive technology development for process intensification and continuous manufacturing, with an aim of reducing manufacturing costs and footprint
- Collaborate across the organization to speed time to clinic while reducing development costs
- Serve as a technical resource and represent the bioreactor function on cross-functional development teams
- Perform small scale model development, process transfer and scale-up
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for external clients and collaborators
- Author CMC regulatory sectionsas required
- BS/MS in Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 10+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience.
- Expertise in bioreactor cell culture, process transfer to manufacturing plants and scale-up
- Expertise in design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis
- Experience working in cross-functional technical teams
- Perfusion technology development expertise
- Experience withcommercial process development, process characterization, and validation; authoring CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Experience with high throughput cell culture (e.g. deep-well plate assays, robotics systems such as Ambr)
- Experience leading diverse scientific development teams
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just's focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood - the center of Seattle's medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 250+ employees is expanding Just's innovative platform and footprint – from our first J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in Redmond, Washington, to our next expansion in Toulouse, France. For job opportunities, learn more at https://just-evotecbiologics.com/careers/
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $100,000 to $175,000; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k company match, flexible paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.