About the jobCompany Background:
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
This role is a hybrid position and can be located in biotechnology hubs, including, but not limited to: Philadelphia, Branchburg, Seattle, NY, Boston, or San Diego.Role:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this key role will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and ongoing development of all investor relations, communications, and corporate affairs activities with the aim of increasing shareholder value and enhancing the Company's profile and image broadly with stakeholders. The position requires working closely with the CEO, CFO, and other executive leadership to support and help execute our IR/PR/CA strategy and plans directed primarily at the investment community, but also internal and external communications including media, advocacy partners, and government affairs.
This role will play a key part in managing external relationships, developing strategic messages, and assuring strong, consistent communication with the investment community. The candidate will be able to successfully interact at a senior level in the organization and possess a strong strategic understanding of the Company and the cell therapy landscape. The role will collaborate across multiple functions including Legal, Finance, R&D, Program Management and Corporate Communications as well as with other members of the team and Board of Directors to successfully deliver on the IR/PR/CA activities of an innovative and growing company.
This position will also be responsible for further developing an internal communications function for planning and implementing an Colleague communications plan aligned with the corporate vision, strategy, and goals.
The candidate must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) and influencer with strong business acumen and have demonstrated team building and leadership capabilities and presence.Responsibilities:
- Partnering with senior leadership, enhance and drive forward a strategic IR/PR plan and strategy to effectively convey the Century story to both sell- and buy-side stakeholders.
- Lead in developing communication materials (press releases, presentations, Q&A, scripts, key messages/talking points, etc.) in preparation for investor and analyst events, roadshows, scientific/investor conferences, one-on-one meetings, site visits and announcements.
- Oversee the quarterly financial results process, including preparation of scripted remarks and accompanying slides, press release, anticipated Q&A, call/webcast vendors and other related materials.
- Create targeting strategy for prospective investors; establish close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Select and prioritize key events and conferences for management to participate in, ensuring optimal use of time in profiling Century and targeting of shareholders.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Century's research activities, pipeline, and corporate strategy to support the delivery of our messages, milestones, and inflection points clearly, compellingly, and compliantly to audiences.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape to both proactively and reactively to keep management informed, adjust plans, messaging and manage relationships.
- Track Wall Street analysts' models and estimates; compile internal quarterly consensus for multiple company stakeholders as needed.
- Continual refinement of messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance and relative valuation.
- Organize and execute other IR initiatives, including special analyst and investor events.
- Work in close partnership with legal and finance teams to review IR-related external communications and related SEC filings (10Qs and 10Ks)
- Maintain master investor and target communication list and target lists; track all investor interactions.
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking and analysis of peers and industry trends to inform best-in-class IR program as the Company grows.
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
- Prepare and manage all communications material.
- Planning and implementing an employee communications plan aligned with the corporate vision, strategy, and goals.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across Company and technology platforms.
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
- Manage external Comms and IR vendors/consultancies, as necessary.
- Create and manage the budget for IR/Comms team and ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, communications, public relations, or relevant field of study and at least 15+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of investor relations experience, ideally in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Level determined on an individual basis by the EC and based on overall education, experience, and accomplishments over time.
- A proven ability to establish relationships and credibility with the biopharma investment community and biopharma journalists.
- A successful track record within a public company or IR consulting firm and demonstrated knowledge of investor relations practices and Reg FD and other SEC disclosure regulations.
- Proven in depth knowledge within the following functional areas: corporate communications, product communications, social media, issues management, media relations, and collaboration with advocacy/ professional alliance programs.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- Proven ability to speak the language of a biotechnology company and break down complex scientific concepts for external audiences.
- Must possess a strong executive presence and demonstrated success partnering with senior management.
- Demonstrates a strong professional demeanor, presence, and interpersonal skills with an ability to create effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing 3rd party agencies and vendor partnerships.
- Experience in issues management including high-profile media engagement.
- The ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously & independently.
- A strong sense of urgency along with the ability to prioritize work in complex and time-sensitive situations.
- The capability to lead through influence and network while driving employee and internal initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment.
- The ability to travel 20-25% to attend meetings and key business engagements.
- MBA and/or advanced life sciences degree.
- Experience in oncology therapeutic area.
- Strong social media and digital acumen.
Century Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Top skills for this role
Build these skills listed on the job description or by the job poster.