Associate Director, Project Management - Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionTitle: Associate Director, Project Management - Pharmaceutical Development and ManufacturingLocation: Foster CitySpecific Responsibilities:
The Associate Director, Project Management in Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) will be responsible in partnering with key stakeholders in the management of the business project portfolio in the organization. The role is responsible in managing the intake, assessment, review and endorsement of each project idea, which may be technology, process improvement, etc. To be successful the candidate must have a strong understanding of organizational business processes and value streams to directly manage highly complex projects when needed.Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Portfolio management of ~40 projects from intake to endorsement to closure. Enable leadership in the governance of projects in the endorsement, dismissal, and deferment.
- Develop reports to manage project progress, resources, costs, etc
- Develop organizational strategies and branding
- Ensure that projects are in alignment with goals and objectives
- Share with other portfolio managers on best practices
- Provide project management for highly complex projects
- Lead junior PMs in the management of projects
- Lead key department and organization wide strategic initiatives
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and a BA or BS or; 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA. Relevant experience consists of work in cross functional biopharmaceutical /pharmaceutical portfolio, program, and/or project management through multiple layers of the organization
- Strong understanding of biopharmaceutical development, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, regulatory, or product testing
- PMP certification and/or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred (or equivalent)
- Experience in data analysis, business intelligence tools, and/or resource modeling a plus
- Previous people management experience required
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of setting priorities and delivering on commitments while, managing high workload
- Strong communication skills written and verbal including oral presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Teams and other reporting/tracking tools
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.