As the company continues to grow geographically, as well as expand its portfolio of products and technologies, we seek a candidate who can assist in a variety of aspects of our accounting for inventory-related transactions in connection with the Company’s manufacturing operations. This candidate must have the ability to quickly understand inventory transactions and complex business processes to optimize accounting and information systems. They must also possess the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with personnel from the Company’s manufacturing plant in Ireland as well as Corporate Accounting in Sleepy Hollow, NY. In this dynamic environment, Senior Manager - Accounting will be expected to think strategically, work independently, and recommend/assist in implementing solutions that will enable the organization to achieve its goals.A typical day may include:
- Supporting, reviewing, and/or managing various aspects of accounting for inventory, including COGS, inter-company accounting in connection with movements of inventory between subsidiaries, transactions with collaboration partners, associated reconciliations and reporting.
- Implementing improvements in inventory costing processes including standards, variances, reserves and critical metrics.
- Reviewing budget/forecast versus actual results and interacts with Finance department on variance analysis and forecasting.
- Working closely with accounting department and business partners locally and globally, such as Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Tax, and External Manufacturing, to understand current requirements and processes.
- Providing system and business process change recommendations to improve efficiency and desired business outcomes.
- Researching tools and applications and developing solutions for business processes, using Oracle, utilizing automation and other technology opportunities to continuously improve the accounting process and systems.
- Reviewing journal entries and/or schedules prepared by others
- Reviewing fluctuation and other analysis for trends/reasonableness.
- Leading in developing internal controls and written policies & procedures as well as ensuring all accurate internal controls are in place in conformity with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Acting as a key liaison with the Company’s corporate accounting department.
- Participating in a variety of special projects and compiles special reports/analyses as assigned.
- Reviewing work, mentoring, and developing team members.
This job may be for you if you have:
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment a plus
- Previous experience with Oracle OPM strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of cost accounting
- Strong systems/process orientation with proven analytical thinking, organizational skills, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and familiarity in Oracle EBS (ERP) applications or other financial applications is a plus
- Experience with Data Warehouses or Data Lakes
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Self-starter who finds multifaceted environments with multiple projects and changing priorities exciting
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact with others, can think independently, proactively propose solutions and wants to be challenged
- High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required, specifically Microsoft Excel
To be consider for this role you must have a BS/BA in Accounting (or similar field) with a minimum of 12 + years of relevant accounting experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous supervisory experience required; MBA or CPA preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$119,000.00 - $194,200.00