The role of the Principal Business Analyst Genetic Medicine (RGM) will execute projects that support the scientific data strategy in Research and preclinical Development (R&pD). The goal is to ensure that R&pD will be able to leverage internally developed scientific data to draw insights from experimental and operational systems that will answer both broad and deep scientific questions across Regeneron’s data landscape. This includes helping to identify opportunities to connect data, build scientific workflows and applications and support reporting from across R&pD. Additionally this role will work with research scientists isolating novel genetic therapies (RGM), and act as a liaison between the scientists and technical teams to define requirements and deliver solutions that address evolving scientific needs. To achieve these goals will require interactions with Scientists, Research Systems Analysts, Programmers, Data Architects, Data Scientists, and IT Project Managers.
Due to the close relationship of this role to the data, this role may need to lead or coordination the efforts to build working prototypes that facilitate standardization discussions with scientific teams that help resolve data connections issues and harmonize the analysis process. This role may also need to perform some data science/analytics to show scientists what is possible, ensure that data has been connected and transformed properly, help scientists get started with analytics, and/or provide analytics support for groups without a data science capability.
A typical day may include:
- Supporting the R&pD scientific strategy and vision for connecting and analyzing scientific and operational data across Regeneron Genetic Medicine (RGM) & Research and Preclinical Development that will provide maximum value and insight to enable the science
- Translate business strategies, goals, and objectives into requirements.
- Providing Data Science and/or Data Analytics guidance to scientific teams that do not have a data science capability
- Acting as a data scientist ensure that the data being captured will provide the needed foundation to address the immediate scientific question as well as be utilized for future scientific insight.
- Building an understanding of the data landscape in Regeneron Genetic Medicine as well as Research and preclinical Development and help identify any existing data gaps in the landscape
- Working with the RGM Solution Partner team, ensure that the needed scientific context is captured in order to define and understand the experimental data being captured
- Work with scientists and laboratory personnel to understand their business processes and suggest improvement opportunities to enhance end-user experience.
- Partner with research scientists and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements.
- Map how information systems are connected and the data flow between systems.
- Understand different database architectures and write SQL statements to investigate data.
- Clearly document the problem statement and come up with quantifiable business value statement(s).
- Focus on the problem that the business is trying to address.
- Through understanding of statistical modeling needed for analytical assay development.
This job might be for you if:
- You have worked as a data scientist and have leveraged data to solve scientific inquiries.
- You see data and data management as a means to drive innovation.
- Passionate about problem solving and analytical skills.
- Analytical with the desire to measure the effectiveness of new features.
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Attention to detail and a passion for solving complex and interesting problems in a science driven environment.
- You can lead projects, work independently, and at the same time work effectively as part of a team and proactively seeks to innovate.
- You can interact with technical and scientific personnel.
- Welcome and respect ideas from partners, business customer and technical experts.
- You can understand end-user needs and user experience in a science-based research environment.
- You effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with members of all levels of the organization.
- You are skilled in performing business analysis, elicit requirements and identify valid improvement opportunities.
- You pride yourself on documenting requirements and processes.
To be considered for the Scientific Business Analyst role, you must have 5-8+ Years’ Experience in a Research, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or scientific laboratory environment; with 1-3 years of data science experience and 3-5 years of business analysis experience with a minimum educational requirement of a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a life science with experience in computer science or information technology.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$108,200.00 - $176,600.00