GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL’s Finance Accounting team is seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join a highly collaborative team of accounting professionals, during a time of high-growth. In this Menlo Park, CA based role, you will assist with preparing and administering accounting operations; and special projects to enable the Finance and greater organization, meet the high demands of a growing company.You will:
Your background should include:
- Own several areas of the GL function including Cash, Prepaid Expenses, and Accrued Liabilities.
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, flux analysis, and reports for period-end close and audit.
- Help design & maintain a thorough system of accounting processes, policies and controls designed to accurately and efficiently close the books.
- Develop and apply a thorough understanding of the Company’s business to all aspects of the accounting function.
- Manage relationships with existing stakeholders and form new relationships with internal groups to ensure excellent customer service.
- Interface with external accountants during audits.
- Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related discipline with 2+ years of experience applying accounting and financial best-practices in a public or private company environment.
- Experience implementing accounting systems and processes in a growing environment.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with a client-first focus.
- Strong problem solving and auditing skills; with attention and commitment to detail
- Experience leveraging analytics and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel and Google Spreadsheets skills, working in a cloud based, highly collaborative environment
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience in Life Science.
- Experience with clinical trial accounting and manufacturing preferred.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $88,000 - $109,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.