HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Specialist IS Business Systems AnalystLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be leading and coordinating the release management and day-to-day operations of our web platform. You will work closely with Amgens web development partners to ensure the smooth and efficient release of new features and updates. You will also identify areas of improvement in our release management processes and implement standard methodologies. Your ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with the team members across various groups will be essential in driving our platforms continued success.
WinWhat we expect of you
- Accountable for multiple releases per day while ensuring alignment to global security and compliance standards
- Develop and lead the deployment plan for Sitecore CMS releases while working closely with the development team to ensure that code is properly tested and deployed to the web environments
- Communicate regularly with business partners to provide updates on release schedule, issues, and risks
- Be responsible for the monthly release notes and quarterly newsletters communications to all team members including senior leadership
- Identify Improvements and advance deployment automation and validation tools across our CI/CD pipeline
- Provide critical metrics around deployments such as total deployments, rollback deployments, total and rejected deployments
- Be accountable for release management, ensuring all web deployments are thoroughly tested for quality in order to mitigate risks
- Collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure Sitecore releases and new features are strategically aligned with individual product roadmaps
- Accountable for budget tracking across AWS account and other related technologies.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications. Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degreeORMaster's degree and 3 years of Information Systems experienceORBachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems experienceORAssociate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experienceOrHigh school diploma / GED and 12 years Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications:
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Experience managing releases for multiple digital products and applications
- Experience with source control management tools like Gitlab as well as deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to forward plan the release windows while balancing conflicting business timelines
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell and Python
- Previous release management experience
- Understanding of Sitecore CMS (or other Enterprise web CMS) and its architecture is a plus
- Superb communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Prior experience in leading release management involving various teams
- Practical understanding of Agile / SAFe and Familiarity with Jira for releases notifications
- Experience in a cloud platforms such as AWS
- Proficiency with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and CI/CD tools
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being. The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $107,134-129,381 USD In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.