About Acrivon Therapeutics, Inc.
Acrivon (NASDAQ: ACRV) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing precision oncology medicines that it matches to patients whose tumors are predicted to be sensitive to each specific medicine by utilizing Acrivon’s proprietary proteomics-based patient responder identification platform, Acrivon Predictive Precision Proteomics, or AP3. The AP3 platform enables the creation of drug-specific proprietary OncoSignature® companion diagnostics that are used to identify the patients most likely to benefit from Acrivon’s drug candidates, referred to as patient responders. The name Acrivon (derived from Greek for “accurate”) embodies how our OncoSignature® tests link the patient’s active tumor-driving mechanisms with the drug’s mode-of-action to accurately match our therapies with patients who will benefit independent of underlying genetic tumor alterations.
Acrivon is currently advancing its lead candidate, ACR-368, a selective small molecule inhibitor targeting CHK1 and CHK2 in a potentially registrational Phase 2 trial across multiple tumor types, which the AP3 platform predicts will have a high proportion of patient responders based on OncoSignature®-predicted sensitivity to ACR-368. In addition to ACR-368, Acrivon is also developing internally-discovered preclinical stage pipeline programs targeting critical nodes in the DNA Damage Response, or DDR, and cell cycle regulation pathways, including WEE1, a protein kinase, and PKMYT1, a closely related protein serine/threonine kinase.
Our global team operates out of two leading life science clusters, Watertown, MA and Medicon Village in Lund, Sweden.
Acrivon Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director / Director Bioinformatics to apply computational approaches to analyze and integrate proteomics, phosphoproteomics, systems biology and machine learnings approaches to support our drug discovery and development efforts. The ideal candidate will work closely within a multi-disciplinary team to leverage Acrivon’s unique AP3 platform. Substantial experience in developing data analytical tools and extracting biological insights from transcriptomics, proteomics/phosphoproteomics, or other high throughput technologies data will be important. This position will be based in Watertown, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop computational pipelines, data storage and mining solutions for large-scale proteomics and phosphoproteomics data
- Provide customized computational analysis and workflows, working in collaboration with proteomics, biology, and biomarker development teams
- Develop and maintain interactive web-based applications that integrate both internal and external data within the cloud environment
- Apply data mining, text mining, machine-learning, and network visualization techniques for biomarker discovery
- Work within a cross-functional team to drive scientific discovery solutions, and biomarker discovery for patient stratification
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience with ideally 8+ years of demonstrated ability in applying bioinformatics or computational biology approaches in an industry setting, preferably in oncology
- Hands on experience with development of computational workflows and data analyses for transcriptomics and/or proteomics data
- PhD. or M.S. in Computational biology, Bioinformatics, Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Strong coding skills required, proficiency in R, Python or other scripting languages, and experience with data processing, statistical analysis, and data visualization within cloud-based computing environments
- Experience implementing workflows to process high throughput -omics data and performing downstream analysis that generates biological insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated record of peer-reviewed publications
- Team player with ability to nurture productive collaborative relationship with internal and external partners