Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Associate Director/Sr. Research Investigator/Research Investigator, QSP
Our QSP&PBPK team has established expertise, impact, and tools, and we are looking for a highly motivated scientist to develop and apply Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) models in oncology, with a focus on hematologic malignancies. QSP models are mechanistic, mathematical models, based on integration of non-clinical/clinical knowledge and data to represent varying scales of drug pharmacology from target binding and modulation through disease pathophysiology and multi-drug pharmacology. They can be applied to aid in target prioritization, therapeutic modality selection, chemical/biotherapeutic optimization, biomarker characterization, combination assessment, clinical trial design, and trial interpretation.
- Provide leadership to and collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams to develop and apply QSP models
- Partner with external groups to accelerate the internal Systems Pharmacology efforts in key disease areas
- Provide expert support to project teams to design, execute and interpret clinical studies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and interpret experiments critical for model development and refinement
- Coordinate with the QSP&PBPK methods lead on methodologies for virtual population workflows and script-based analysis packages and customize as needed
- Network with stakeholders in other functions to facilitate model development and application
- Coordinate disease area QSP strategy with organizational priorities
- Align QSP model deliverables with clinical pharmacology, pre-clinical, and clinical development plans as appropriate
- Participate and contribute to departmental and R&D initiatives
- Contribute to the standards of practice within the department
- Serve as a subject matter expert to both internal colleagues and the external scientific community
- Build and maintain a personal track record of publication in the area of QSP
- Establish and maintain effective collaborations with stakeholders in other functional areas
- Maintain an active relationship with colleagues in Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacometrics, Disposition, & Bioanalysis at the project level as well as in the advancement of Pharmacometrics
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Pharmacometrics, Systems Biology/Pharmacology or a related field
- In addition to the Ph.D., 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience in mathematical modeling & computer simulation experience for Associate Director level. Candidates with less education and experience may be considered for a lower starting level commensurate with education and experience.
- M.S. in appropriate field with significantly more experience may be considered
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry or pharmaceutical consulting is desired (post-doctoral may be a consideration depending on the totality of prior experience)
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop QSP models
- Ability to communicate internally and externally on topics related to QSP is required
- Ability to keep up to date with and propose the implementation of scientific and technological developments in the area of Systems Pharmacology/Biology
- Hands-on experience with modeling software like MATLAB/SimBiology/Simulink, Entelos PhysioLab Platform, DBSolve, etc. Experience with MATLAB SimBiology would be particularly desirable
- Experience with general programming and data analysis tools/languages such as MATLAB, Python, R, Spotfire, etc., is required
- Desire to interact as a modeling and simulation expert across clinical development teams with experts from different functional areas (pre-clinical and clinical)
- Knowledge of current practices and issues in pharmaceutical R&D in disciplines such as clinical pharmacology, bioanalytical, biopharmaceutics, and toxicology
- This position will primarily support Hematologic Malignancy QSP, where BMS has an exciting portfolio including cell therapies, immunomodulatory imide drugs, bispecific antibodies, and antibody-drug conjugates. Knowledge of immunology especially as applied to immuno-oncology and liquid tumors such as Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is a plus
- This position to support Hematologic Malignancy QSP may be located in Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; or Seattle, WA;
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.