The Scientist will be responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient management of critical reagents used in the development, validation and execution of bioanalytical and molecular assays to support clinical assays. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify, select, and qualify critical reagents, as well as establish and maintain robust systems for their monitoring, tracking, and storage.
Here's What Youll Do:
- Identify and select critical reagents required for bioanalytical, Biomarker, and molecular assay development.
- A solid background in modern analytical techniques used in testing mRNA based therapeutic products is essential.
- Experience in MSD, LC-MS, PCR based assays development and qualification, labelling of reference standards, and stability testing of critical reagents.
- Establish and maintain a robust system for the monitoring, tracking, and storage of critical reagents to ensure their availability and quality.
- Knowledge of peptide/protein-aptamer based conjugation systems for DNA, RNA and Protein/antibodies.
- Develop and maintain a database of critical reagents, including their specifications, source, usage, and expiration dates.
- Conduct regular audits of critical reagent inventory and work with cross-functional teams to manage the procurement and disposition of critical reagents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with critical reagent vendors and negotiate supply agreements to ensure the availability and quality of critical reagents.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and training programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop risk assessments and mitigation strategies for critical reagents.
- Monitor industry trends and advancements in critical reagent management and implement best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Heres What Youll Bring to the Table:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field, such as chemistry, biochemistry, or biology with 3+ years of experience in Bioanalytical Sciences/regulated bioanalysis. M.S. with at least 7 years of bioanalytical experience will be considered as well.
- Strong knowledge of critical reagent selection, qualification, and management principles, as well as current industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the Biophysical Characterization of Biologics (SDS-PAGE, SPR, BLI, SEC-HPLC, SEC-MALS, UV-VIS)
- Experience working with CROs in a GLP environment (ELN/LIMS)
- Experience/exposure to Cell based and Molecular assays development.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
Vacation, sick time and holidays
Volunteer time to participate within your community
Discretionary year-end shutdown
Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. Were focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (EEO/AAP Employer)