Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and analytics. We’re looking for a strong, technically sound Director of Business Intelligence Engineering who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
Your data analytics expertise will aid in customer acquisition programs, enhance customer retention, optimize customer engagement and increase overall business performance. The right candidate is passionate about using data to guide overall strategy and will oversee a nimble team of business intelligence engineers, but you shouldn't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive head-first into the data weeds.
- Work closely with your team to architect and implement various data products which include data marts, consumer and customer masters, segmentation and data integration with first party and third-party systems.
- Work closely with the analytics, marketing and finance teams and other stakeholders to ensure that BI is aligned with the overall goals and objectives.
- Champion and own a scalable data platform while informing the organization on best practices and tools.
- Act as principal architect and engineer by guiding and reviewing designs and solutions from engineers
- Lead and mentor engineers, keep them focused and motivated toward the greater vision
- Design and present architecture, plans, status, and risk to various stakeholders
- Champion security, privacy and governance to ensure BI engineering team follows all the company guidelines while delivering data products.
- Identify new data use cases to help drive further personalization of customer experiences, products and subscription acquisition/retention.
- Identify key user and business metrics yet to be discovered within the organization but that could have a significant upside impact.
- Effectively communicate and translate data products.
- Masters in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, statistics, business) or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in full stack design, development, architecture, support and operations of BI applications, and Data Warehousing
- 3+ years of experience leading and developing engineering teams.
- Expertise in SQL and relational databases in MPP databases (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Expertise in ETL and other data manipulation languages such as Python
- Experience connecting data sets to modern business intelligence and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Experience building and using in-house ELT tool/framework in a git-based environment
- Experience with ASW (or equivalent public cloud) using Lambda and Step functions.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate key business needs into data infrastructure
- The ability to build strong relationships with partners across the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Deep excitement for using data to find and execute opportunities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload based on business impact and needs.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.