At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Organization Overview:
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.Profile:
- This role is responsible for leading a team of Supply Chain staff consisting of Planning and/or data stewardship team members (primary loop) in DPEM (Drug Product External Manufacturing).
- It supports projects to set up and establish new supply chains and manage Supply Chain related project activity.
- This role is responsible for both supply chain performance and operational excellence of selected supply chains in DPEM aligned by platforms and/or location
- A member of ‘secondary loop’ in DPEM governance, as a member of one or more Flow Teams supporting teams working with External Manufacturers
- Support implementation of HSE initiatives and ensure safety goals are achieved
Make & Supply Medicine:
- Lead a team of Supply Chain staff including Performance Management processes, development, regular 1:1 contact and coaching to meet individual and team goals.
- Support Human Resources Processes (HRP) in DPEM, including recruitment and onboarding of staff and succession planning.
- Support diversity in recruiting and development of team members, lead recognition and contribute to promotion and merit review processes.
- Effectively encourage knowledge sharing and education within team and with key internal partners: Operations, Quality Assurance, TS/MS and appropriate networks in Global Supply Chain.
- Develop and grow supply chain knowledge to be consistent with DPEM business needs
- Act as a member of DPEM Flow teams as Supply Chain SME and escalation point
- Provide support and oversight to ensure reliable supply of medicines through effective and efficient supply chain process for operational teams (Joint Process Teams, JPT) for selected supply chains
- Support & follow MRP (Operational Standards for Supply Chain Excellence) processes in External Manufacturing, including business ownership for specified business processes across DPEM. Coordinate periodic performance reviews and annual assessments with Corporate Supply Chain Leaders.
- Attend appropriate governance forums in both DPEM , and networks (e.g. Global S&OP, molecule S&OP, local S&OP)
- Act as Supply Chain SME on selected projects and due diligence activities.
- Provide leadership for Supply Chain activities related to logistics interfaces.
- Support primary loop SC activities as needed to ensure reliable supply of product
- Build working relationships with selected External Manufacturers to ensure alignment of goals and objectives
- Review and /or approve documents in DPEM quality systems as supply chain SME or delegate of Supply Chain Senior Director. (e.g. Deviations, Change Controls, Procedures, purchase orders in line with approved ATS level)
- Support financial planning and reporting for DPEM
- Delegate for Supply Chain Senior Director
- Contribute to Business Plan and Strategic Plan processes
- Partner with JPT Leaders, QA and TS/MS Associate Directors together with other secondary loop members to ensure Primary loop (JPT) objectives and priorities are delivered and issues escalated.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Engineering, Business Management or similarly related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Ability to represent Eli Lilly’s mission, policies and practices in a positive, professional, and ethical manner and to influence CMs
- APICS certification (preferred)
- OSSCE Class A experience
- Significant experience in supply chain or related roles within a manufacturing site
- Good communication skills and appreciation of cultural diversity
- High learning agility
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills, able to work effectively in a team environment
- Capability to work in a virtual and complex environment
- Willingness to travel
- Shift is days, but off hours may be necessary to support operations
- Travel is possible, up to 15%
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.