We’re looking to hire an Associate Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our IT Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in the maintenance and development of Schrödinger’s infrastructure. By finding solutions in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a strong technical and customer service background who understands not only what to do, but why to do it.
Who will love this job:
- A troubleshooting whiz who excels at delighting customers
- A Linux aficionado who’s also familiar with Mac and Windows
- Someone who loves learning about and supporting a variety of SaaS products
- A fast learner who wants exposure to lots of different technologies
- An automation fanatic with great Python/bash skills
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative and improve or create new processes
- An excellent communicator and team-player who enjoys working face-to-face with a dynamic team and company
What you’ll do and learn:
- Support Schrödinger end users including scientists and developers
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Work with senior IT team members on new project implementations
- Maintain modern IT infrastructure in AWS, GCP and ESX
What you’ll need:
- Customer service skills!
- Systems administration background in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of IT experience working with internal clients directly
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and modern SaaS applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team, clients, and staff
If you don’t consider yourself an expert in all of the fields above, that’s OK - we’re looking to hire an adaptable polymath who’s excited to learn on the job. Our team will be happy to help you get up to speed in any unfamiliar areas!
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.