We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our dynamic immunology team to work on exciting projects to support the discovery and development of new therapies.
As an Associate Scientist, a typical day may include the following:
- Developing and optimizing relevant disease mouse models of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, and the subsequent analysis of associated disease-related pathologies by flow cytometry, histology (IF/IHC) and ELISA/MSD
- Maintaining cell line and primary cell lines for relevant cell-based assay (mouse and human). Developing and executing cell-based assays to screen candidate antibodies for various research programs
- Troubleshooting methodological and technical issues, interpreting experimental data and literature, and communicating results to supervisor, department, or project team
- Executing experiments based on projects/protocols provided and working towards independently developing project
- Contributing to lab and equipment maintenance and ordering supplies/reagents to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment
- Maintaining complete, accurate, and timely record of experiments and data analysis
- Analyzing data and interpret results of experiments and work closely with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations and papers
This role may be for you if:
- You effectively collaborate and communicate with team members to coordinate complex in vivo experiments, and with other departments to facilitate cross-functional efforts
- You are interested in studying novel methodologies based on protocol provided by literature, seminars, and other scientists.
- You are highly organized and motivated with attention to the details
To be considered for this position, you must have a Master’s degree in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 1-3+ year relevant lab research experience or Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 3-5+ years relevant lab research experience. The preferred candidate will have experience with mouse disease models with training in the proper handling and care of mice, general surgical techniques, and the collection of blood and tissue samples. We are seeking experience with mouse models of autoimmune or inflammatory diseases; experience in mucosal immunology is a plus but nor required. Experience in tissue culture (maintenance of transformed and primary cells), cell-based assays, ELISA/MSD, and flow cytometry are required, IF/IHC experience is desirable. Preferred experience analyzing biological data using GraphPad Prism, FACS DIVA software, FlowJo, SoftMax Pro, and Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) Discovery Workbench software.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$66,400.00 - $103,800.00