Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
The person in this role will cover New York City, Long Island and Connecticut regions.
In this role, the Senior Field Clinical Coordinator:
- Works closely with assigned clinics, BioMarin field sales organization, and BioMarin RareConnections (RC) personnel to ensure timely initiation of BioMarin therapy and adherence-related activities for patients enrolled in BioMarin RareConnections
- Works collaboratively in an account team (Account Manager, Case Manager, Clinical Coordinator) moving cases from referral to specialty pharmacy shipment to product start
- Conducts patient-level education with new patient starts including BioMarin product information (safety, efficacy, dosing, administration, storage), disease state awareness, injection training, and clinic specific protocols at their request
- Provides in-person support for self- administration of FDA-approved BioMarin marketed PKU therapies as needed
- Utilizes motivational interviewing skills to empower patients to advocate for their own PKU health needs. Provides reminders for medication, clinic-prescribed labs, and clinic appointments at times convenient to patients.
- Conducts ongoing patient-level education on disease and product administration technique to support safe and appropriate use of therapy
- Participates in direct to patient educational events to raise patient awareness around disease state and appropriate BioMarin therapies. Typically conducted 3-4X/year on weekends and throughout the week
In addition to these responsibilities, the Senior Field Clinical Coordinator demonstrates leadership formally and informally on the broader team and consistently delivers the following:
- Influence beyond their own geography and regular contributor to the advancement of cross functional teams
- Generation and communication of best practices and involvement in projects and initiatives that help shape strategy and implementation
- Uncovers obstacles and trends and create solutions that are widely adopted
- Considered subject matter experts in the role of a Clinical Coordinator and has advanced knowledge of PKU
- Contributes to regional and national assignments such as HUB training, Specialty Pharmacy education, field training, NPKUA alliance liaison, etc.
- Regularly takes on formal and informal peer leadership opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Advances patients’ health journey through exceptional motivational interviewing and positive outcomes.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to provide dynamic and engaging presentations to small and large groups
- An ideal team player who consistently lives BioMarin Commercial values
- Action oriented, tenacious, and anticipating obstacles and leading solutions
- High business acumen and focused on customized value to all levels of customer (internal and external)
- Adaptability, consistently picking up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior quickly
- Expert navigation of all systems and can align resources to action plans
- Requires travel, up to 65% work week
- Candidates must live in New York City, Long Island or Connecticut
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years of Pharmaceutical experience as a patient educator
- 4+ years of direct patient care experience in rare disease
- Education as an allied health care professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health preferred or work experience equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.