Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Director, IT Information and Data Architecture will define, develop, and direct all aspects of the company’s enterprise information Warehouse, Business Intelligence, integration, and information application domains. The Director will be an integral contributor in defining, designing, and selecting the company’s Enterprise Information Environment. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for budgeting and building out this functional area.
This position reports to the Vice President, Information Technology and Corporate Projects and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the current and future business data requirements from the Business SMEs, design overall information and data flow/integration for Arvinas enterprise information Warehouse and associated systems, with an emphasis on innovation and best-of-breed approach.
- Define and implement the Master Data Management (MDM) strategy.
- Provide information architectural direction and data integration and oversight to technical development teams.
- Establish information standards and guidelines that pertain to Arvinas application environment.
- Oversee informational definition, development, and operation of data vendors to ensure compliance with Arvinas information standards.
- Act as a highly collaborative leader and advocate of Arvinas Information Management, including coaching, training, and support of technical teams.
- Provide expertise in the most current principles and practices of information architecture.
- Provide inputs into strategic approach (build vs buy), tool selections, and technical architecture in the Enterprise Information Warehouse, Data Integration, and Business Intelligence domains.
- Lead development of Arvinas information architecture, strategies, and roadmaps. Lead and develop processes, qualification, and governance for all Arvinas information activities including, but not limited to, customer, sales, marketing, finance, HR, specialty business partners, and 3PL data management and integration.
- Develop standards and policies relating to information architecture and integration, data modeling, data management tools and techniques, data security, data naming conventions, and metadata.
- Develop departmental operating methodologies that ensure smooth, professional, and responsive information and data architecture operations.
- Manage simultaneous projects with an emphasis towards defect-free, on-time, and on-budget completion.
- Perform administration, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting tasks within information and data infrastructure where contracted support services are otherwise not in place.
- Focus on lean, cost-effective information and data environment and efficient, effective strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by monitoring service/performance standards, fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT information and data systems across the organization.
- Assess and facilitate the communication of risks associated with information and data architecture and integrations, procedures, staffing, and investments.
- Keep current with trends and issues in information and data architecture; advise, counsel, and educate executives.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in defining and developing enterprise DW/BI/MDM Data Management and Integration environments within the pharmaceutical/biotech/life sciences industry.
- Experience assessing and proposing data and information solutions for enterprise information management systems in the pharmaceutical/biotech space is required.
- Architect-level experience implementing and managing commercial data integration, MDM and data quality solutions required.
- Knowledge of data services, data quality, data governance and metadata framework required.
- Previous experience working with major commercial data vendors and managing sources such as IMS, HMS, Wolters Kluwer and/or ZS associates.
- Demonstrated examples of effective project leadership within commercial organizations required.
- Experience with ETL tools, semantic data modeling and data analytics highly preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork with internal and external stakeholders required.
- Excellent vendor and service management skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and/or web service technologies is desired.
- A consulting background is a plus.
- Previous experience in rapidly growing organizations is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Strong understanding of system engineering, data and information modeling; data and process mapping
- Solid Project and Time Management skills
- Experience with Business Analysis Techniques: Requirements elicitation, facilitation, Use Cases and Activity Diagrams
- Knowledge of and experience with regulatory requirements – cGxP, Data Privacy, etc.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business processes, technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with a wide range of team members: technical, business subject matter experts and stakeholders, especially under stress and with changing priorities.
- Experience in managing external vendors (IaaS, SaaS, BPO) through selection, contract negotiation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance/support.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention-to-detail.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivation and confidence
- Desire to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills, in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on time and on budget.
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely, and meaningful decisions and to take corresponding actions; must be able to communicate the rationale behind these decisions in an effective manner.
- Ability to incorporate diverse perspectives and appropriately manage relationships, in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Ability to work independently while gaining support of diverse commercial groups / partners.
- Proactively able to seek out and recommend process improvements.
- Entrepreneurial; enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Flexibility in handling workflow in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- B.A./B.S. Degree required; Master’s Degree in Computer or Information Science highly preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer