Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This position is responsible for providing project management and operational expertise as part of the Project Management Office and Business Excellence (PMOBE) subfunction within Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance (CSPV). PMOBE the strategic planning and implementation group within CSPV. The Assoc Director PMOBE manages CSPV strategic projects, supports business process optimization initiatives, and directs operational structures and oversight. This position collaborates within global CSPV and cross-functional teams. As a project manager this position is accountable for partnering with the business lead to ensure effective team operations through meeting management, development plan/timeline management, scope management, stakeholder management, risk/issue management, finance and resource management, and conflict resolution. As a member of the CSPV function this position is also accountable for supporting divisional and departmental level objectives and may also participate on a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Management Office & Business Excellence in CSPV.
- Project Management:Responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating projects within DSI CSPV and global clinical safety and epidemiology function. Deliver the project according to plan within contracted time frame and budget, meeting quality standards. Determine the critical success factors for the engagement in collaboration with the business lead, and report progress against budget, resources, and time frames to CSPV Leadership.Manages meetings communications strategies, including developing agendas and documenting decisions and action items. Follows through on assignments and ensures team members deliver on action items. Identifies organizational gaps and influences the project environment to address gaps that impact the expected business outcome.Identifies and recommends PM best practices for the broader CSPV organization.
- Business Excellence:Develop and implement operational best practices in partnership with CSPV Leadership based on business need. Support process mapping and design workshops. Provide oversight and support for operational groups, related processes, and metrics in CSPV. Conduct impact analysis of process redesign on existing organization roles, principles, and technical infrastructure in collaboration with business SMEs and CSPV Leadership.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA In a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience preferred
- Master's Degree In a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience preferred
- PhD In a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience preferred
- 7 or More Years Experience in the pharmaceutical industry required
- 4 or More Years Experience in Project Management required
- Prior experience in patient safety and pharmacovigilance preferred
- Experience in process design preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management is preferred
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.