Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
About This Role
The Intellectual Property (IP) Intern will assist in evaluating the patent landscape in the radiotherapy field, supporting patent prosecution, and establishing a system to administer RefleXion’s IP program. These projects entail learning about RefleXion’s commercial product, reviewing patent literature in the external beam radiotherapy space, and contributing to the drafting of patent prosecution documents such as patent application specifications and patent office action responses.
Internship Duration: 13 weeks.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn about RefleXion’s technology
- Train on patent prosecution basics, including drafting patent applications and responding to patent office actions
- Apply technology and patent training to review patent literature on Company patent search database
- Develop system(s) to manage and track RefleXion’s IP program, including databases for tracking invention disclosures and administering the patent incentive program
- Build a workflow and database(s) for managing existing and new contracts
- Other duties as assigned
Where You Will Do This Job
Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute into the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate college degree program or recent graduate with bachelor's degree
- Must have junior year standing or above
- Required completed coursework in Physics, Electrical Engineering Coursework OR Software/Programming Coursework, Technical writing/communication (or equivalent)
- Willingness to deeply engage in the technical aspects of an external beam radiotherapy system
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to adapt to the uncertainties and quick pace of a growing start-up company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options) with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Paid Company Holidays and Paid Sick Time
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $20 - $25 an hour. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.