GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The People Business Partner team at GRAIL is critical to achieving our mission to detect cancer early when it can be cured. At GRAIL, we rely on the strategic thinking of our People Team and its ability to advise and advance the business. We're seeking an experienced People Partner to partner with our Lab Operations, Supply Chain, and Facilities Leaders in the North Carolina and Menlo Park, California offices. The ideal candidate will be passionate about influencing people strategy and building collaborative relationships across multiple levels of leaders and employees. This is a hybrid role while balancing flexibility with onsite presence, and 15% travel is preferred to the Menlo Park office.You will:
Your background should include:
- Provide HR site leadership in the North Carolina office (Research Triangle Park) with the VP of Lab Operations.
- Provide thought leadership to our leaders regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution aligned with business strategies. Help create and execute the vision for a world-class organization.
- Is a trusted advisor to leaders with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs. Is an expert in stakeholder management and can communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
- Build and lead solutions and programs that are tailored and appropriate for the clients for their given stage of development and evolution; drive those programs in ways that stand out and make a meaningful impact on our people and mission.
- Collaborate closely with Centers of Excellence partners (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Experience/L&D, DEI, and People Services/Analytics/Systems) to deliver world-class programs to deliver business results.
- Provide employees with an empathetic and invested first-contact point to discuss and solve employee challenges such as total rewards, employee development, career pathing, etc.
- Manage employee relations issues as they arise, addressing challenges with sensitivity, thoughtfulness, and care for compliance and legal considerations.
- Build a culture of growth and development among our teams by enabling all GRAILers to be leaders and lend support for the growth process.
- Facilitate strategic change, resilience, and adaptability as GRAIL grows and shifts.
- Help execute diversity and inclusion programs/initiatives that continue to build a sustained culture of belonging.
- Partner with leaders to build high-performing leadership teams and coach people managers to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
- Actively engage in various forums to diagnose and solve talent and organization-related problems.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in a high-speed environment.
- BA/BS in a related field is a plus.
- Experience in rapid growth and/or agile organization.
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details (can operationalize a strategy).
- Have a data-driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to leaders to drive business outcomes.
- Experience working with tech or life sciences is preferred; experience working with technical and scientific experts is highly preferred.
- Strong competency with coaching with proven results in advancing the development of managers and leaders.
- Strong knowledge of HR compliance, legislation, and best practice.
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for GRAIL is essential - we are excited to work here, and you should be too!
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.