The Director, US Commercial BTS Data Services & Integration overseas all management and integration functions within US Commercial BTS for HCP and field activity data, including data management, data governance, data architecture, data technology, and integration capabilities. This strategic role is the primary liaison with the business functions to orchestrate governance and demand around data solutions and will identify opportunities to define, rationalize and reuse common data elements. The position requires expertise in implementing complex data transformation and visualization architectures, while interfacing with key business leadership to develop and advance an enterprise-scale data services strategy. The role will engage as needed with enterprise architecture peers to ensure alignment to AbbVie’s broader data management strategy. Key customers include Field Sales Planning and Analytics teams, Commercial Data Management, Sales Information Management, Call Planning, Field tools team, Marketing Analytics & Business Insights, and Commercial Compliance within Commercial Analytics and Operations (CA&O) organization.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing critical data management platform and services including but not limited to Master Data Management (MDM), AbbVie Best specialty processes, onboarding of all HCP sales and marketing related data including syndicated datasets, irep integration, integration and onboarding of samples data and speaker program data from vendors, Data quality management processes, Sales crediting data processing, and delivery of data for field sales reporting.
- Lead build initiatives for sales data onboarding (IQVIA, Symphony, specialty pharmacies, specialty distributors, other vendor data, new patient starts from Patient Services), sales crediting processes and field analytics data via Data Service Layer (DSL) with strategic vendor partners.
- Daily coordination with App COE for ongoing data operations of HCP sales and analytics data.
- This role will act as the US Commercial BTS leader for data services solutions. The position will work with business and BTS senior management to define the data strategy and deliver solutions to meet data management needs.
- Lead data governance processes and orchestrate relationships with key business partners to ensure data assets are effectively managed across business functions.
- Architect, design, deploy, and support all components of data management solutions, including data modeling, data integration, data management, data transformation, and delivery/visualization tools.
- Own and continuously refine data service roadmap both short term (6 month) and long-term (24 months). Identify and lead opportunities to mature and optimize processes and practices.
- Align with enterprise architecture and other functional BTS peers on relevant Master Data Management strategies.
- Partner with strategic managed services and enterprise partners to ensure high quality development and delivery of data solutions.
- Ensure programs, initiatives, and projects are delivered on time and within budget. Manage risks appropriately and plan proactive mitigation.
- Manage staff of 3-4 direct reports and 15-20 indirect reports.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required. Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- At least 10 years technology experience with a focus on data management, data warehousing, big data, and/or information management solutions.
- Pharmaceutical data management experience in commercial data & analytics, including the understanding of syndicated data is desirable. Experience should include developing and deploying a large-scale (1,000 users and 10+ source systems) data services strategy and technology model.
- At least 3 years' Life Sciences, pharmaceutical, or biotech expertise.
- Experience building and managing a matrix organization of technologists, architects, and managers including both employees and contractors.
- Experience with data services technologies such as relational databases, Snowflake, Informatica, Tibco, Hadoop, and QlikView, including deployment and vendor management.
- Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to define and set a strategy and roadmap.
- Demonstrated experience influencing and managing relationships across the organization even where no direct line of reporting exists.
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem resolution skills. Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written. Solid relationship management skills.
- Strong capacity to follow through, work independently and deliver a consistently high level of service. Ability to juggle projects and prioritize accordingly. Work collaboratively within a team environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.