Job Title: Software Developer/ Engineer
Primary Location: Cambridge, MA
Secondary Location: Zurich, Switzerland
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and driven Software Developer to join the Digital Innovation and AI team within Global Manufacturing & Supply / Global Quality Data Digital & Technology (GMS/GQ DD&T). Our team strives to be a leader in digital and outcome-driven innovation amongst our peers in the pharmaceutical industry – we identify capability gaps, design digital solutions, accelerate experimentation, conduct market research, and improve business operations end-to-end. We are a small team, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and flex a wide variety of skills. You will have a proven ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, manage through ambiguity, while keeping focus on important strategic opportunities.
How you will contribute:
- Translate our requirements into documented technical specifications or user stories, and ensure solutions meet goals
- Code and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications
- Use Agile engineering practices and multiple software and web development technologies to develop creative and efficient digital solutions that enhance the customer experience
- Ensure continuous integration and build is in place, and product or application will function normally after any system upgrade
- Document every aspect of the product or application as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades, which will also be stored for regulatory purposes
- Use secure coding practices that comply with sound ethical use of data, government regulations, and industry standards
- Collaborate with Data / AI scientists to prototype solutions and create MVPs that can be used to gather feedback from partners
- Use open source algorithms and fine-tune them for specific needs
- Design test automation, and potential scaling roadmap
- Be a solid team player with no direct reports, and have a ability to influence others
What you bring to Takeda:
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years real-world experience applying expertise in artificial intelligence through use of machine learning and data mining, to design, prototype, and build next-generation analytics
- Make recommendations and guide other engineers on how to remove technical road-blocks
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure
- Firm grasp of industry, digital, and artificial intelligence trends and market conditions
- Enjoys teaching others who are less knowledgeable about the latest industry trends and technologies
- Comfortable working with structured and unstructured data, where data validation and cleaning may be needed
- Familiarity with batch ETL pipeline development, SQL and data modeling using technology like Spark and Hadoop,
- Experience building custom solutions on Microsoft 365 platform
- Experience in biopharmaceutical or manufacturing industry,
- We have a hybrid working environment
- Primary office location for this role will be Lexington / Cambridge MA
- We are a global organization with many colleagues in the US Eastern and Central European time zones
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type