Director, Global Brand Strategy and Promotions (Pan-tumor)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionDirector, Global Brand Strategy and Promotions - Pan-tumorGlobal Commercial Strategy and Operations- Oncology
In this role you'll play a key role in shaping and implementing the pan-tumor global marketing strategy for Sacituzumab Govitecan, a marketed antibody drug conjugate being developed across a range of solid tumors. You'll be leading key initiatives with impact across tumor types in close partnership with Global Strategic Marketing, Global Medical Affairs, Global Value and Access, Global Commercial Operations, Clinical Development, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and other functions across Gilead.Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Commercial Strategy Oncology, you will:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Execute and support development of the pan-tumor strategic vision across solid tumors, balancing near-term and long-term priorities.
- Support the development and implementation of the pan-tumor strategy to integrate indications into one brand plan
- Lead key cross-functional global workstreams to deliver integrated solutions that bring value to our customers
- Develop and drive execution of pan-tumor strategic marketing activities such as differentiation strategies, competitive positioning, campaigns, messaging and forecast guidance
- Support the development and implementation of a pan-tumor global plan of action
- Identify actionable insights based on market research and ensure that the product / brand addresses unmet need areas
- Create strong and close working relationships with global partners on indication teams
- Manage partnerships with agencies to ensure flawless execution and budget management
- Your ultimate benchmark will be the successful execution of a global commercial strategy that maximizes the overall value of the asset and patient access across the product lifecycle
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader, and experienced oncology marketer with:
- A bachelor's degree, and a minimum of 12 years' experience, or a minimum of 10 years with a master's (8 years with a doctoral degree)
- MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
- Relevant commercial experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry required
- Oncology experience and market knowledge strongly preferred, in particular in solid tumor malignancies
- Experience in local or regional product strategy and annual plan implementation; experience in product marketing required
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans, including campaign development, tactical planning and budgeting
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences
The salary range for this position is: $199,835.00 - $258,610.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.