Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Biological Data Scientist II, you will work to better understand large high-throughput datasets. You will support data analysis for external scientific collaborations while developing novel analysis tools and workflows.
You have a passion for understanding biology via novel high-throughput data generation. You enjoy multidisciplinary scientific collaborations. You are conscientious and value scientific reproducibility and intelligibility as much as innovation. You can juggle competing priorities and stay focused on long-term goals, while having the flexibility to keep up with the pace of experimental science.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate both internally and externally with biologists and chemists to better understand large datasets.
- Work with research, software development, engineering, and product teams to create data analysis tools for internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate complex analyses internally and to external scientific collaborators.
- Work with Eikon Applications Scientist to deliver reports summarizing significant findings to collaborators following analysis of data.
- Demonstrate the Eikon software analysis platform and obtain customer feedback (VoC).
- Regularly report to internal teams on collaboration progress and latest feedback.
- PhD in computer science / bioinformatics / computational biology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience (inclusive of PhD) with biological data analysis.
- Strong expertise in scientific python (e.g., pandas, scipy, matplotlib).
- Experience with large image derived datasets a plus.
- Cell imaging experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges.
- Enthusiasm for gaining biological and drug discovery experience essential.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $117,000 to $134,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.