Title: Group Account Manager II
The AbbVie Ad Agency Group Account Manager II is a key cross-functional member of the franchise facing team responsible for leading the development of US and Global Healthcare Professional and Consumer marketing campaigns and tactics. This role has responsibility for defining the objectives, strategies and long-range plans for creating engaging programs that deliver brand messages to their target audiences. This role leads a high-performing team of account managers, project managers and traffic managers with budget responsibility in excess of $1 million. Role reports to the Associate Director Account Group.
As a member of the Commercial Analytics & Operations (CA&O) organization supporting our brand franchises, the Group Account Manager II is the subject matter expert, evangelist and marketing point of contact for assigned AbbVie brands and is responsible for leading and partnering with multiple internal brand teams, cross functional team members and external agency partners to align on campaign scope and deliverables. This role manages both the strategic and tactical execution of a campaign through its entire life cycle to ensure maximum brand impact.
This role is also accountable for bringing expertise and leadership support to advance the AbbVie Ad Agency’s continually growing US and Global footprint. Specifically, developing and maintaining brand team relationships, providing analysis of market dynamics and key lessons learned, reviewing competitor promotional moves, identifying key areas for improvement, annual forecast planning and monthly spend reconciliation.
· Collaborate with Marketing Directors and other key stakeholders to build, manage, and execute marketing communication plans to achieve business objectives and goals.
· Lead the definition and creation of marketing strategies, objectives, messaging and tactics.
· Manage the tactical development business processes and marketing driven input from inception to delivery, growth, and eventual retirement.
· Work closely with brand marketing, agency partners, and other cross functional team members to ensure that value propositions, messaging and marketing activities align to the brand story.
· Collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with Brand Marketing, Market Research, Analytics, Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Medical/Regulatory/Legal, External Agencies and other integrated business partners.
· Maintain an “expert level” understanding of the Agency Workflow Process including project initiation and kickoff, collaboration, necessary approvals, production and archiving.
· Demonstrate critical creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
· Establish a unified focus and purpose to inspire others to work together as a team.
· Ability to lead independent initiatives without day-to-day supervision.
· Able to prioritize and gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
· Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
· Exceptional functional knowledge of and expertise in the pharmaceutical market.
· Acumen for leading multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Inquisitive, strong analytical/creative skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
· Ability to relate well to others, active listening skills, and exhibiting patience.
· Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience, including Microsoft Office Suite, Veeva and MavenLink.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing.
· 15-20 years of ad agency account leadership experience.
· Pharmaceutical industry experience required.
· People leadership experience, including managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives.
· A strategic mindset that can balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision.
· Demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility in leading large, complex, marketing campaigns .
· Proven track record of managing successful pharmaceutical product launches.
· Outstanding communicator and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of marketing and creative individuals.
· Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to be effective managing through a highly matrixed organization.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.