This role will be required to sit on-site 3 days / week
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
AbbVie Data Science is the best-in-class team within its cross-industry peer group and is responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together to generate business value from clinical trials data. Our operational model is exemplified through execution and innovation. This role is key to ensuring successful delivery against the program- and study-level accountabilities assigned to Data and Statistical Sciences.
- Lead the Design, Development, Validation and Maintenance of CDASH and Abbvie Standard Definition Document Conformant eCRFs
- Develop Tools and Training to Enforce Standards
- Develop and Implement Appropriate Change Management Plan and Maintain Global Library Objects
- Identify and Track Metrics
- Actively participates in the development of common data standards and ensures systems designs comply with the standards, as well as with associated protocol requirements. Ensures that the design team utilizes standards
- Establishes and maintains methodology used by the team to design and develop clinical trial systems, benchmarking against industry standards. Ensures that systems are specified to optimize on functionality, end user experience, and data flow. Ensures that the design team meets these expectations
- Ensures that TA- and program-level consistency is achieved by the design team
- Accountable for the on-time design and delivery of new clinical systems, integrations between systems, as well any required changes to clinical systems (e.g., EDC, IRT, ePRO). Utilizes project management tools to track study progress and plan work. Anticipates and identifies issues that could affect timelines or quality and develops options and solutions
- Interacts with and influences DSS and cross-functional team members to achieve program and study objectives. Ensures that assigned work product is synchronized with upstream and downstream dependencies
- Ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards. Stays abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies related to clinical development
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring members of the team, as well as contributes to their skill development
- Leads DSS and cross-functional innovation and process improvement initiatives
Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, computer science, life sciences or equivalent. Masters preferred.
Must have 5+ years of clinical technology experience (e.g. EDC, IRT, ePRO) or 7+ years of experience in a similar technical role or in a clinical development role. Experience with common industry design and development tools required.
In-depth knowledge of clinical trial process.
In-depth knowledge of CDASH and SDTM.
Demonstrated performance as a key contributor to initiatives and advancement of the organization.
Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority.
Demonstrated ability to successfully coach / mentor in a matrixed environment
Demonstrated effective communication skills and analytical skills.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.