The Enterprise Innovation group works side-by-side with the AbbVie executive team on many of the most pressing issues facing the organization, both in the short term and long term. Work from this team will have a direct impact on the future success of AbbVie.
• Lead individual modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
• Support the Associate Director, Innovation to drive end-to-end innovation on enterprise-critical assets through collaboration with the Asset Strategy Team (AST) on topics ranging from evidence package, trial design, clinical acceleration, commercial presentation to launch presentation
• Support strategic initiatives that will address mission-critical questions and position AbbVie for success
• Monitor, understand, and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and / or respond
• Bachelors or equivalent degree required. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred.
• Minimum years of experience - 5+ with Bachelors, 3+ with Masters and 1+ with PHD
• Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization as a consultant to a pharmaceutical organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead.
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to lead complex, cross-functional initiatives
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Capability building / Change management skills – leverage empathy and coaching with functional stakeholder to achieve organizational buy-in and long-lasting changes
• Highly collaborative, genuinely enjoys working hand-in-hand with the businesses to develop solutions that advance AbbVie’s overall mission
• Strong communication skills, can comfortably lead meetings with mid -level management, and demonstrates sound business judgement
• Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
*Travel for remote candidates will be 25%
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.