HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support a team of five with potential for expanding project management responsibilities. This role will report into the Managing Director, Amgen Ventures and can be based preferably in South San Francisco, or Thousand Oaks, CA, but remote locations may be considered for the right talent. Remote work is primarily expected. The Administrative Coordinator will support a global team of eight across the Amgen BD Transactions and Ventures teams with potential for expanding responsibilities.Responsibilities
- Manage several executive meeting calendars with multiple priorities and across global time zones. Identify conflicts and creatively resolve, coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and process expense reports
- Schedule internal cross functional meetings, diligence calls with external parties and respond to meeting requests. Coordinate internal meetings & capture, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes where applicable
- Support conference planning as needed
- Maintain Amgen Ventures and BD Transactions internal and external contact lists and databases. Manage distribution lists, organizational charts and Standard Operating Procedure documents
- Support internal and external communications and distributions for the Amgen Ventures and BD Transactions teams
- Provide backup support as needed to other Business Development Administrative Coordinators/Executive Assistants
- Support Amgen San Francisco site planning activities as well as Amgen Ventures community outreach
- Administrative special projects as needed
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Associates degree and 2 years of Administrative experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Administrative experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years in an administrative support role
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Prior experience managing executive level meeting calendars in a high paced environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced fluctuating environment and providing administrative support to remote staff
- Self-starter who can function autonomously
- Flexible, takes initiative and works well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, solutions-oriented, problem solver
- Working knowledge of software platforms including but not limited to Microsoft systems (e.g. Licensing Tracker, SharePoint, MS Teams and the MS Office Suite), Smartsheet, Box, and SAP
- Demonstrate strong abilities in prioritizing, managing multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines and priorities, tracking and reporting the status of assignments and activities
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to effectively establish and maintain professional relationships, partner with colleagues, and achieve required business outcomes
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $68,637 - $85,841.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.