About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
You will consult with brand teams across our GI Rare Franchise (including the chronic idiopathic constipation space), as a strategic partner in achieving and maintaining leadership. You will lead, create, and deliver integrated insights across multiple sources. You will report to the Director, GI Rare Market & Customer Insights.
How you will contribute:
You will leverage technical expertise to:
- Initiate and lead market research and competitive intelligence work with outside partners
- Create cross-source insights and alignment for action
- Develop competitive landscape analysis, business need understanding, and knowledge gap identification
- Communicate those integrated insights to relevant stakeholders across Takeda Gastroenterology Business Unit (GIBU) with urgency
- Leverage data and specialty expertise in Competitive Intelligence as a subject matter expert in brand planning
You will lead cross-functional teams in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful execution, driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and action. This requires decisiveness in drawing focus to appropriate data for decision-making. Alignment across insights (competitive intelligence (CI)I, market research, and analytics) and prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs are key. Strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills, and strong skills in identifying competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are also needed.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and leadership in specialty pharmaceutical commercial business operations, and the use of CI to drive decision-making in commercial strategy and tactics to achieve a leadership position.
- Demonstrated leadership in synthesis of primary and secondary CI, forecasting impact, market research, and data management to advise the development, execution and monitoring of specialty pharmaceutical leadership status.
- Able to lead in a matrix-working culture
- Experience negotiating and influencing in a consultative role
- Proactive ability to monitor competitive activity, predict probable issues and (scenario planning)
- Expertise in CI research methods as they pertain to integration with specialty pharmaceutical data sources for strategic recommendations
- Expertise in market research methods, study design, and interpretation to stakeholders
- History of managing multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- B.A./B.S. Scientific or commercial education.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Demonstrated market research experience, in pharmaceuticals and across quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership skills working in matrix teams, influencing outcomes in strategic specific to marketing in specialty pharmaceuticals
- Proven ability to communicate, strategize and collaborate with senior management.
- Knowledge of drug commercialization
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as 'hybrid' in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 – $186,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Hayden - 95Worker Type