Associate Director, Marketing Promotions - HBV
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
The Associate Director of HBV Marketing Promotions will report to the Senior Director of HBV Marketing. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, perceptive and an analytical problem solver with a track record of success in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry.This role is based out of our Foster City, CA office.
- Develop and execute the strategic and tactical promotional plans for HCPs and patients
- Executes the POA rollout in conjunction with Commercial Learning & Development and Marketing Operations during sales meetings, as well as POA Sustainment Plans throughout the year
- Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process including management reviews and Med-Legal-Reg. Secures final production
- Establishes a partnership and works well cross-functionally with Sales, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Market Research, Sales Analytics and Managed Markets and other key internal stakeholders.
- Increase our customer and patient impact through new digital channels and further optimization of current non-digital channels
- Leverages multiple data sources including market research, advisory boards, and field force inputs to uncover emerging needs and opportunities
- Assist with annual brand planning and budget allocations; assist with recommendations for marketing mix allocation
- Effectively manages multiple agency partners to produce deliverables on strategy, within timelines, on budget, and measures outcomes
- Develop marketing solutions to a wide range of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are compliant and consistent with organization objectives.
- Closely manages budget for assigned tactics
- 10+ years experience with BS/BA
- 8+ years experience with MS/MA or MBA
- Must have excellent management skills including planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution. This also includes excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Strategic thinking skills with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical product management.
- Ability to translate market research findings into actionable insights and tactical plans.
- Solid analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations
- Experience executing tactics, working with Business Conduct and Promotional Review Committee to successfully develop and deploy customer and sales facing initiatives to grow the brand for the US market
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, bias for action and tangible results
- Interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of functions/disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields preferred plus 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Ideally 4-6 years in promotional product marketing or advertising
- Familiarity with marketing fundamentals, strategy, sales and commercial policies and practices
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical/biotech, marketing, or sales management experience strongly desired.
- Experience managing a process and working with cross-functional teams
- Able to travel ~ 20% of the time, attending conferences, market research, meetings with key stakeholders
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.