Associate Director, HCP Market Research Oncology (Lung) Integrated Insights
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionAssociate Director, HCP Market Research - Oncology (Lung) Integrated InsightsThis position is a Foster City, CA based position
Gilead Sciences, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California
The Associate Director will assume a key contributor role responsible specifically for leading a multitude of market research focused on the use of Sacituzumab govitecan-hziy in various indications essential to the success of this growing business unit for GileadSpecific Responsibilities and Skills
- Strong strategic thinker who understands the critical role of market research in developing commercial strategy in support of both in-line products and product launches
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
- Understanding of the US Oncology marketplace and key considerations of the HCP environment in solid and heme tumors
- Specific understanding of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer is desired but not required
- Sound understanding of novel approaches and methodologies for conducting Oncology HCP research
- Advanced data analytical and interpretive skills and the ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format
- Creative problem-solving skills and be open to new learning opportunities, and being flexible in changing situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, interact with, influence others, focus, resolve conflict
- Drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and skillsets
- Sound communication and presentation skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing both to peers and senior management
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary market research
- Demonstrated ability to ramp quickly and acquire in-depth knowledge and expertise in multiple therapeutic areas
- Proven experience with US Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources, eg, IQVIA, Verilogue, Kantar
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities
- Advanced task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Flexible, empathetic, creative, and reliable people management skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience
- Working with key stakeholders, you play a key role in the planning, development, and execution of market research plan supporting Oncology products and ensure strategically aligned and coordinated efforts
- Manages Oncology patient market research studies, including project objective, design, vendor selection, and oversight, monitoring of data collection, data analysis, and interpretation
- Develops relevant and compelling presentation of market research insights for key stakeholders, including brand leadership and senior management
- Present insights to key internal stakeholders, including Senior Management Ability to tailor communications to maximize influence
- Work with diverse counterparts (Sales Analytics, Forecasting, Commercial Learning and Development, Managed Markets, Brand team), compile and analyze statistical data on past sales and trends to interpret market trends and, as appropriate, recommend corrective courses of action
- Keeps abreast of key market events and works to understand the potential impact
ORMasters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
OR PhD and Two Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in market research and sales/marketing analysis, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- MBA, PhD, or other advanced degree is desirable
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary market research is required Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience working with secondary market research is preferred
- Experience in solid, specifically lung cancer and heme tumors, is preferred
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.