Senior Director, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS) NSCLC
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleSenior Director, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS) - NSCLCLocated in Foster City, CAMaking an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in virology, and we developed today's leading medicines for treating and preventing HIV and treating viral hepatitis. More recently Gilead has expanded its oncology portfolio and seeks to become a leader in this critical disease area.
As our Senior Director, Global Commercial Product Strategy - NSCLC, you will play a key role in leading the global pre-launch and launch marketing strategy for a new product launch in NSCLC.
Sacituzumab Govitecan is a clinical-stage antibody drug conjugate being developed across a range of solid tumors. From product launch to new indications and lifecycle management, you'll be providing insights and partnering with local markets, Global Medical Affairs, Global Value and Access, Global Commercial Operations, Clinical Development, Governmental Affairs, Public Affairs to help drive the development and implementation of integrated global commercialization strategies.Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Commercial Product Strategy Oncology, you will:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Build and execute the pre-launch commercial plan for 2L NSCLC, focusing on key pre-launch deliverables that will set Sacituzumab Govitecan up for success
- Help build integrated global strategic plans that meet global market, regulatory and payer needs and work with global counterparts to develop and implement annual commercial plans that inform country-specific brand plans
- Develop and implement the global plans of action that inform country specific plans of action
- Develop the global brand profile and key marketing deliverables as the promotions launch lead, including global value proposition, messaging, positioning, differential advantages and brand book
- Develop and execute global campaigns, including the development of a differentiating strategy, unique branding, compelling positioning and key messaging that maintain or extend our global market position
- Lead key cross-functional global workstreams to deliver integrated solutions that bring value to our customers
- Create strong and close working relationships with a few key Gilead markets, which you will support and partner with on strategy implementation
- Conduct strategic marketing activities including market and competitive research and product positioning in close collaboration with cross-commercial disciplines
- Identify actionable insights based on market research and ensure that the product / brand addresses unmet need areas
- Manage partnership with agencies to ensure flawless execution and budget management
- Your ultimate benchmark will be the successful execution of a global commercial strategy that maximizes the overall value of the asset and patient access across the product lifecycle
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader, and experienced oncology marketer with:
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA/PhD/PharmD and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
- A minimum of 14 years' experience with an Undergraduate Degree, or 12 years of relevant commercial experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry w/an MS/MA/MBA/PhD/PharmD
- Substantial oncology-specific experience and market knowledge is essential, in solid tumor malignancies; lung cancer experience is a plus
- Substantial experience in global product strategic planning, including developing differentiated brand positioning and messaging
- Broad understanding of oncology drug development process, regulatory pathways, clinical data analysis, global pricing and access environments, and other factors that may drive program success
- Experience working in a major market preferred - US experience a plus
- A proven track record in planning and executing new product launches
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans, including branded and unbranded campaign development and tactical planning and budgeting
- Strong analytical ability to conduct technical and quantitative assessments, derive key insights / implications, and incorporate into strategic business plans and recommendations
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.