We’re looking to hire a Materials Science Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
As a member of our Materials Science team, you’ll play a key role in supporting our customers. Keeping your cool while squashing problems as they arise, you’ll work across disciplines to make sure that our users are successful in their application of our tools at every step of the way. We expect whoever fills this position to learn quickly, wear many hats, and share ideas concerning business and organization, as well as science and engineering.Who will love this job:
- A desktop and HPC technology expert (i.e., distributed resource management systems high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking)
- A cloud and GPGPU computing pro
- An accomplished performance assessor/manager under Linux and Windows
- A dedicated and motivated troubleshooter (both remote and on-site)
- An innovator who’s excited about about digital chemistry and changing the way new materials are developed using atomic-scale simulation and machine learning
- An outstanding communicator who loves practical problem-solving
- An enthusiastic traveler
What you’ll do:
- Ensure optimal performance of our software in the customer environment, whether it’s a small-scale desktop setup or a sophisticated HPC or cloud infrastructure
- Install, configure, and update/maintain on-site installations of top-tier customers
- Work with global IT team to support and improve our internal infrastructure
- Design optimal deployment strategies
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to improve the deployment and configuration aspects of our core modeling software suite
- Interface with scientists, engineers, product managers, and account managers frequently to solve business and technical problems
What you should have:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Math, or a related field
- Extensive experience with Linux systems administration
- Excellent scripting skills in at least one language (i.e., bash, python, perl, java, etc.)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.