Evotec is a life science company with a unique business model focused on delivering highly effective new therapeutics to the patients. The Company leverages its multimodality platform, the “Data-driven R&D Autobahn to Cures”, for proprietary projects and within a network of partners including Pharma, Biotech, academics, and other healthcare stakeholders. With more than 4,500 highly qualified people at 16 sites, Evotec aims to create the world-leading co-owned pipeline for innovative therapeutics. For additional information please go to www.evotec.com and follow us on Twitter @Evotec and LinkedIn.
The Assay Operations Group is seeking a talented and innovative Research Associate (full-time/permanent position) to join our growing team at Evotec’s US headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey. The successful candidate will join the Sample Management Group and provide assay automation support along with basic compound management support for the Assay Group.
- Work with a team of scientists in the preparation of compound plates (primarily small molecule drug candidates) to be used in various screening assays
- Provide operational and technical support for programming, calibrating, and troubleshooting laboratory automation such as liquid handlers, acoustic dispenser, integrated platforms, plate readers, and other various laboratory instrumentation supporting assay operations
- Maintenance and QC of various automation equipment including automated liquid handlers and reagent dispensers
- Maintain compound inventory using compound management software and database
- Interact between biologists, engineers, and information technology to develop, optimize, and validate automated sample management and assay workflows.
- Maintain proper documentation of QC, work instructions, protocol design and validation
- The successful candidate should hold a BS/BA in biology, biochemistry, engineering, or related scientific discipline with 1-3 years of experience in automated assay support and development
- Experience with general laboratory automation (including liquid handlers and Labcyte Echo or other acoustic dispensers) and LIMS/information technologies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with equipment troubleshooting/repair highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills with strong customer relationship focus
In return, Evotec offers the chance to expand and develop your career in a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community.
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.