At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Biotechnology Discovery Research Division at LBC-San Diego, responsible for generating, characterizing, and optimizing biotherapeutics from lead generation through lead optimization and preclinical development is hiring. We support cross-disciplinary efforts to engineer innovative biotherapeutics that treat metabolic, autoimmune, and neurologic diseases. Join our team of scientists working to improve lives of patients around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior associate scientist with experience in protein purification and characterization to join the Protein Biosciences Group. The successful candidate will have in depth understanding and hands-on experiences in protein purification, and broad knowledge and experience in related fields such as protein expression, analytical and biophysical characterization of proteins.
• Provide recombinant protein and antibody purification support for drug discovery, engineering projects, and new modality development.
• Conduct biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins and new biotechnology development.
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and an ability for creative thinking
• Work independently at bench and complete work within project timeline.
• Maintain accurate record and report data in written and oral form.
• Collaborate with cross functional team members and communicate scientific results with project teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in biochemical sciences (biochemistry, chemistry, or related field) with project teams 3+ years of post-degree relevant experience, or Master’s Degree in biochemical sciences
• Experience with various chromatography techniques (affinity, IEX, SEC, HIC) for protein purification
• Knowledge and skills using AKTA FPLC and analytical HPLC systems.
• Experience in biochemical characterization methods for protein analysis
• Experiences in biophysical tools for protein molecular property characterization
• Knowledge in assay development, protein conjugation, and protein expression
• Demonstrate proactive and flexible behaviors and ability to prioritize work and meet targeted timelines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, work planning, data analysis and record keeping skills with strong attention to detail.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).