At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.Location/Division Specific Information
Our PPD® Laboratory Services team has a direct impact on improving patient health through the expertise of scientists, industry thought-leaders and therapeutic experts. As the world leader in serving science, our laboratory professionals bring their commitment to accuracy and quality to deliver groundbreaking innovations.
Richmond BioA Labs Overview:
PPD LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Discover Impactful Work:
Performs a variety of sample and standard handling tasks in support of the laboratory. Follows established SOPs and responds to requests from laboratory staff with minimal direction. Assists laboratory staff in following sample handling procedures and implements these procedures as necessary. Possesses a basic understanding of several portions of the overall sample/standard process.
A day in the Life:
- Performs a variety of sample and standard tasks (receipt, check-in, login, labeling, launching, inventory, transport, check-out, etc. May participate in physical return and disposal of materials in support of the laboratory.
- Communicates status of samples / standards to appropriate laboratory staff.
- Guides and advises laboratory staff in sample / standard procedures.
- Completes investigation and deviation forms as necessary, and determines appropriate CAPAs.
- Reviews and provides feedback on laboratory requests, ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Trains on SOPs, regulatory guidelines, and storage requirements. Responds to environmental unit alarms and participates in on-call responsibilities.
- Performs work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner.
Keys to Success:Education
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Technical positions may require a certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
- Basic knowledge of inventory flow and control
- Knowledge of laboratory and regulatory requirements (documentation, sample storage)
- Ability to write/review SOPs and process improvement outlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects of 15 to 40 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.