Corcept is a commercial-stage company engaged in the discovery and development of drugs to treat severe endocrine, metabolic, oncologic and neurological disorders by modulating the effects of the hormone cortisol. Since 2012, we have marketed Korlym® for the treatment of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening orphan disorder caused by excess cortisol activity. In 2022, we generated revenue of $402 million and net income of $101 million.
We have discovered a portfolio of more than 1,000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators. Our lead compounds are in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials for the treatment of patients with Cushing’s syndrome, advanced ovarian cancer, castration-resistant prostate cancer and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”). We plan to initiate a Phase 2b trial in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (“NASH”) by the end of this year. Every year, we advance new molecules to the clinic.
Over the next few years, we expect to submit several new drug applications.
The CS is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved products consistent with Corcept’s compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted health care providers and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The Baltimore territory includes Central PA and Maryland. The ideal Clinical Specialist will reside in a location central to the territory.
- Build and develop professional relationships with influential high prescribers and thought leaders in the territory to enhance Corcept brand and product loyalty
- Leverages expertise and knowledge of the therapeutic disease state, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges
- Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans and communicates insights to internal stakeholders
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential
- Plan and participate in education programs and speaker dinner programs
- Manage territory expenses/budget to support sales and marketing activities
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years sales experience required, recent endocrine relationships, specialty therapeutic, hospital, or orphan drugs sales experience highly preferred
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, or Technical Proficiencies:
- Proven track record of consistent high performance
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Required to travel up to 100% of the time, including up to 40% overnight travel
- Must maintain a driving record in accordance with Corcept vehicle policy
- Able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $140,000 - $155,000; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer