As a discipline expert and contact the Senior Manager, eCommerce Backend Engineering drives functional performance by designing and implementing business technology solutions aimed at enabling and accelerating delivery of new or improved eCommerce Solutions. Part of the eCommerce engineering team working at group, department, and cross-functional levels. Working with the eCommerce Architect, and Engineering Lead, you would be responsible for managing backend development, API integrations and overall eCommerce solutions. The Senior Manager, eCommerce Backend Engineering's primary focus would be on developing innovating eCommerce offerings in both B2B and B2C areas and would not only be well versed in Technology Architecture and Development standards, but also would lead System Integration, User Experience (UX), and process improvements.
- Develops and achieves Salesforce Commerce Cloud technology delivery standards in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within function and outside to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Advanced technical expertise in Salesforce Commerce Cloud with proven implementation experience.
- Full stack implementation experience with rigorous focus on back-end development, API integrations (SOAP and REST APIs).
- Provides support to the Architects and Engineering lead to assist them in giving consultancy support to internal customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Works as part of the eCommerce development team (both internal and external) and is resident expert in Salesforce Commerce Cloud (B2C – Demandware) solutions.
- Collaborates internally and externally in brainstorming, designing, developing, and implementing new solutions as well as suggesting tools, technologies, and best practices to lead continuous improvements on existing eCommerce sites.
- Works in close conjunction with other Salesforce leads on integrating with Salesforce products such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Communities etc.
- Plays an active role in taking broad and sometimes vague user requirements and turning them into actionable user stories that can then be turned into development items.
- Works towards building a best-in-class eCommerce experience for both B2B and B2C customers.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP, SOX, PCI and PII compliance and security.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 7 years’ experience; PhD with 3 years’ experience. Experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce eCommerce.
- 5+ years of extensive project implementation experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Salesforce Reference Architecture, and Site Genesis implementations.
- Extensive experience in integration 3rd party OMS (such as SAP) using web services (SOAP and REST APIs).
- Full Stack development experience with solid back end and latest emerging front-end technologies.
- Experience in variety of IT roles including technical, application development, business systems and data management.
- Additional experience in setting IT strategy, formal product evaluations, interactions with senior IT Management, and managing multi-lingual, multi-divisional and cross-functional teams preferred.
- Proven experience with other Salesforce products (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, etc.) is highly preferred.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
The salary range is (minimum: $110,500 to maximum: $216,000.)
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.