- Seek out information and articulate implications to our business and to our customers’ business in assigned accounts and geography.
- Acts as a trusted advisor for customers; informs their perspective and influences their point of view/standards/expectations.
- Shares information relative to local business opportunities /issues with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Transfers knowledge and integrates best practices that have tangible value to clients and stakeholders across franchises/brands to benefit the assigned geography. Establishes and maintains a complete understanding of client tools, product and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers.
- Partners/collaborates with in-house and/or cross-franchise leaders (District Managers, Account Managers, Marketing, etc.) to identify, design and/or adapt approaches and tactics leveraging resources within geography. Uses multiple data resources and tools to identify sales opportunities and contracting strategy for customers in assigned geography.
- Collaborates with multiple channels to execute CBSA strategies and tactics that maximize sales results. Establishes and demonstrates thorough understanding of contracting negotiating fundamentals.
- Educates and advises Franchise Regional Managers on opportunities unique to the geography; partner on implementation and representative education/pull through.
- Actively seeks opportunities to participate in organizations in local markets; Leverages opportunities to understand customer needs and partner with customers. Builds strong partnerships that provide market intelligence and support development of innovative programs and initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit US Commercial partners within the geography.
- Develops a strong command of available resources and tools; fully leverages those resources to support selling strategies and maximize impact. Takes an innovative approach when planning and applying resources and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 3+ Sales management, account management or marketing experience in a healthcare or related business; managed care, government channel experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders within a geography/territory.
- Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/contracting strategies that drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to maintain product pricing structure and market share through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with Abbott and customer objectives.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
US Credentialing Requirement:
An essential requirement of your position is to satisfy all applicable health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain and maintain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. You must also be in good standing and/or eligible to obtain these credentials. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases, fingerprinting and specific licenses required by individual state or cities. Please remember that you are solely responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all HCIR credentialing requirements and for any associated liability for failing to do so. AbbVie has resources available to you to help answer questions you may have regarding your responsibilities.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.